Thread: Looking for nice lightweight stock for 11

Basic Member

Looking for nice lightweight stock for 11

Looking for a light weight stock for a light build on a model 11. Suggestions?

Team Savage
    The Savage factory synthetic stocks are the lightest. The Savage LWH and Lady Hunter stocks are about the same weight, but are very hard to find used. A Savage factory hardwood or walnut stock are lighter than laminated wood stocks. Blind magazine stocks are lighter than DBM stocks with metal bottom parts. Numrich Gun Parts is a good place to start if your budget is limited. Look at the Manners stock selection if you want a light composite stock and cost is not a limiting factor. The Bell & Carlson Medalist Classic may be a good compromise. My advice based on trying to build a LW Savage rifle is to just buy a Savage 11 LWH to begin with and be done. You won't be able to build a lighter, more accurate rifle for the money.
    Last edited by jpdown; 04-03-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Basic Member
    Check out BettinCustomGuns. I just got my 16 LWH back. Stock was 25oz with decelerator. It's hand laid CF. it's the BEST fitting stock I've ever handled. Full rig weighs 6#13oz with Talleys and 3-9 Trijicon.

If you check out prices, make sure you're aware that it includes bedding and cerakote on the metal.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    The Savage LWH and Lady Hunter stocks are about the same weight, e y.
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but do the lady Hunter stocks have enough material to open up for a factory 16 sporter barrel? I know the lady Hunter is lighter contour barrel.

Team Savage
    Yes, the LWH and Lady Hunter stocks require only a little sanding at the forearm tip to accept a 22" Savage factory sporter barrel.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelpwr View Post
    Check out BettinCustomGuns. I just got my 16 LWH back. Stock was 25oz with decelerator. It's hand laid CF. it's the BEST fitting stock I've ever handled. Full rig weighs 6#13oz with Talleys and 3-9 Trijicon.

If you check out prices, make sure you're aware that it includes bedding and cerakote on the metal.
    I don't see any prices except for complete guns

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    The Savage factory synthetic stocks are the lightest. The Savage LWH and Lady Hunter stocks are about the same weight, but are very hard to find used. A Savage factory hardwood or walnut stock are lighter than laminated wood stocks. Blind magazine stocks are lighter than DBM stocks with metal bottom parts. Numrich Gun Parts is a good place to start if your budget is limited. Look at the Manners stock selection if you want a light composite stock and cost is not a limiting factor. The Bell & Carlson Medalist Classic may be a good compromise. My advice based on trying to build a LW Savage rifle is to just buy a Savage 11 LWH to begin with and be done. You won't be able to build a lighter, more accurate rifle for the money.
    $750 including bedding and Cerakoted metal and stock painted. So I figure about $300 for the stock. If you go to the stock tab, all the details are there. I went all purpose and it's perfect for scope use.

http://www.bettincustomguns.com/cust...le-stocks.html

Basic Member
    I love my Manners stock. And their CS is amazing; Tom Manners did the work on mine personally. He's a really nice guy who makes a hell of a product.