Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cadex OT Core build

Basic Member

Cadex OT Core build & 10T 308

Sold the Creedmoor so put it on the 10T 308 (01-05-17).
    My chassis came in today. Just some pics of the separate pieces, then will post the final results when I am done. I will say this chassis is very well made. I think the $650 bucks spent on it was worth it. Will see once its together. Cadex packaged this up very well. Not some cheap box.

This is the rifle its going on but trying to decide though. Have this savage 10T in 308 for about a year. Just picked up a 10T in 6.5CM, which are identical except the caliber. Will have to think about it.

Last edited by bearcatrp; 01-05-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Changed rifle
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

LongRange
    i say put the creed in that chassis.

Basic Member
    Been leaning that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    i say put the creed in that chassis.
    +1 for the Creed!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    Plan was to use my PRS stock for the 308 to help with recoil a bit. Will have to use it with the creedmoor until I find a lighter one. Overkill but usable.

Basic Member
    Put it together just to see how it looks. Had to remove the rail to trim it. Here is a quick pick so far. Will be changing out the PRS stock down the road. Now to take it apart to locktight and torque to specs.

LongRange
    Looks good.

What is your length of pull?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Looks great! Why are you going to change out the prs?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    What is your length of pull?
    Think the lowest is 2.5 lbs. But I tried the lowest setting on the 308 and the trigger safety would kick in most of the time. Turned it back out to around 3 lbs which works for me for now.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MI223 View Post
    Looks great! Why are you going to change out the prs?
    Looks over size. Looks like the bottom of an ore. Haven't shot it yet so may change my mind. Was originally going on the 308 to help with recoil but decided to put everything on the creedmoor. Have to trim my rail, get a scope and bipod installed then will be ready for a range trip.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Looks like the bottom of an ore.
    I couldn't agree more

The more I look at that chassis the more I think I could have saved up a little more. But then I could have saved up a little more for the next tier.... and the snowball keeps rolling.

Eagerly awaiting the final build pics!

Basic Member
    The one I was really looking at (can't remember it now) was $2000. Not a good idea to put a 600 dollar rifle in a $2000 dollar chassis system. Unless you have money to burn. I think there will be more push into chassis systems since RPR came out and the chase began. Savage will answer shortly with the stealth and ashberry. Still waiting on Remington to show something. Nice thing about doing it yourself is you know everything, instead of buying a complete rifle system. I looked at GAP once. My wallet cried. Out of my reach. Think its better to build as you go.

Basic Member
    Got everything lock tight and torqued. Have to trim the rail then mount scope. Once the scope is mounted, will post pics. Had to order ammo online, Hornady 140 gr match. No one has in locally and some places tell me someone comes in and takes every 6.5 box of ammo on the shelves. Starting to look like the 22lr shortage. Found 1 place online who I do business with had some sor ordered 4 boxes. Most other places were back ordered.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Looks over size. Looks like the bottom of an ore. Haven't shot it yet so may change my mind. Was originally going on the 308 to help with recoil but decided to put everything on the creedmoor. Have to trim my rail, get a scope and bipod installed then will be ready for a range trip.
    I kind of liked it until you said that...lol i do see what you are saying

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MI223 View Post
    I kind of liked it until you said that...lol i do see what you are saying
    Got the rail trimmed and mounted so just a matter of robbing the 308 and put the scope on it. SWFA SS 20X for now until I can afford something else. That scope was originally on a 50BMG I used to own. Bad weather this week but hope to be at the range friday. Will post some pics soon after I mount the scope.

Basic Member
    Well, here it is. Put the scope on it a bit ago. Now to get out to the range to see how it shoots. Definitely have to change out the PRS stock. A bit to long.

One heluva but pad.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    One heluva but pad.
    The PRS was on my 50BMG. Worked like a charm. Am on the hunt for a better stock. This chassis was going on my 10T 308 until I picked up the creedmoor.
    Am looking at the XLR stock. Opinions? https://xlrindustries.com/collection...eme-butt-stock
    Last edited by bearcatrp; 04-05-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Smiling Dave
    That is a great looking rig. Looking forward to your thoughts after a bit of range time.

Basic Member
    Got to the range last week when it was 30 degrees. Shot 10 rounds to get some chrono data and zero at 100 yards. Shoots fantastic. Ordered a replacement pad (half the size) and installed. Allot better now so will hang onto the PRS for now. Looking at a Burris XTR II 4x20 to replace the SWFA. Hope to get to the range next week. Weather will be warmer and can take my time enjoying shooting. So far, I think I did it right for a 6.5cm. Will post some range data next week. Thanks for the complements.

Basic Member
    Have to take the chassis off to test it in the original chassis. Not grouping at all after 100 rounds. My 10T 308 was shooting tight groups from the 1st shot. Going to be pissed if its the chassis causing the issue.

Basic Member
    Well, the groupings were a little better but not great. Will be taking my sled bed with on next range trip to rule out me screwing up. Am seriously considering putting the cadex on my 308 since its shooting great and the cadex was supposed to go on it from the beginning. May end up sending the creedmoor in to savage if the next range trip doesn't produce results.

Basic Member
    Here is a target picture from my last range trip. Not happy. Top is with 140 ELD-M, Bottom is 129 SST. All commercial hornady ammo. Not happy. Sent this pic to savage with a message of my displeasure. Was hoping it would be a tac drive like my 10T 308. That rifle shoots great from the 1st shot. I did measure distance to the lands and measured the 140 ELD, being a match rounds need to be close to the lands. 2.860 for measurement to the lands and the 140 measured 2.820. But the SST should have grouped allot better. Bipod up front and sand bags in the rear. Savage is sending UPS to pick it up. Hopefully today. ( disregard the writing on target. Was load developing 208 ELD-M with the 308). Another note, this was with rifle in the savage chassis. Was worst in the cadex chassis.

Team Savage
    Glad you finally got it. In June Im changing my prs out to the fixed skeletonized cadex but stock. I cant seem to get the prs high enough to get a real solid cheek weld. It shows up even more at longer distances. Patrice gave me a good deal because of the grief I had gone through previously with trying to get another cadex chassis. I am paying full msrp on the but stock and he is throwing in the competition for end for free. I like the longer for end on the competition chassis as well as the mirage blocking effects that apparently are built in i.e. solid top.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast