Thread: Savage Model 10FCP Model #19055 w/5R magazine question

lcallaghan

Savage Model 10FCP Model #19055 w/5R magazine question

I just bought a Model 10FCP Model #19055 w/5R and it came with a 10 round box magazine instead of the 4+1 magazine it was supposed to come with. Is this typical from anyone's experience to get the wrong magazine with this model #? I just want to make sure it is the right gun, are there any other way to check to see if this is the correct gun I bought. On the barrel it just says"Model 10"

Basic Member
    Sounds like a happy mistake, no?
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

If its an "unhappy mistake", Put a price on the magazine. I'm sure you could cover the cost of the four plus one magazine. When I shoot off hand, I put my supporting hand where the magazine is. With a front rest on a bench it doesn't matter.

Put the serial number into the Savage Parts Finder, if it's been entered into the database it will tell you what model it is and list all the part numbers used in building the rifle. The accessories tab will list the magazine description and part number or you can click on the magazine assembly in the diagram to get its description.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

lcallaghan
    Thanks for the replies, I don't mind the 10 round Mag but I am using this gun for hunting and it just gets in the way a bit.
    My main concern is after I researched this gun and bought it, it came with a different mag than what was spec'd.
    I tried putting in my serial # but nothing came up.

lcallaghan
    *Update*
    I just called Savage and gave them my serial # and verified I did get the correct rifle.
    They are sending me the 4 round Mag free of charge and I get to keep the 10 round Mag, pretty cool!