Thread: in need of a Savage 1907 sear

Wayward Progeny

in need of a Savage 1907 sear

anyone out there know of anywhere I can find a sear for a Savage Arms 1907 .32 cal pistol?
    its a 1909 model, 13xxx serial. Thank you for any help you may provide.

Early serial number, your gonna be looking for a type 1 sear and they're the hardest to find.

I have sears but not a type one so they won't fit.
    Savage- "never say never".

Wayward Progeny
    Glad to know the type i need, thank you for that. I have been looking for one for a year+ now, and have noticed the scarcity. I bought one off ebay prior to me having it for the friend who owned it prior, which turned out to be the wrong one.

Starting to wonder if it might be easier to find someone to machine/reproduce a new one using the broken one as a blueprint.

There is a type 1 breech block with a sear in it that looks to be what you need on ebay now. URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savage-1907-...kAAOSw1DtXGnDV

This auction runs 4 days and 14 hours from this post. Good Luck!

Wayward Progeny
    Thanks for the heads up LoneOak, and for looking out. I got that one, at a bit more than i was intending to spend , but the hunt may still continue. It arrived today, the plug looks to be the same layout, but the sear design looks to be different. I'll see what i can do with it on another day, probably this week end, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. If it doesn't fit the bill, then I'm going to contact a local shop and price out fabrication of a replacement (or a few) based off the original broken sear.

I saw what it went for - checked after the auction was over just for grins. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Wayward Progeny
    So I got a little bit bored today while waiting on the internet repair guy and swapped the new sear from the purchased breech plug into my existing plug, and, from what I can tell, I appear to have a functioning Savage 1907 now. Thank you to both of you whom provided insight, I really appreciate the help. (insert happy dance here!!!)

Wayward Progeny
    Just got back from putting 50 rounds though it at the range and it functioned beautifully. Thanks again guys.

WP, glad it worked out for you. The pictures the seller posted on ebay did not show the sear very clearly. Enjoy, they are fun pistols to shoot!