Thread: Please Help! Savage 450 build.

8ballcustomz

Please Help! Savage 450 build.

Hey guys I'm no stranger to the 450 cartridge and the loads of fun it can be, I have 30+ AR builds under my belt. However I am new to the bolt gun builds and I think I screwed up pretty good. Picked up a Savage 110 in 243 for my donor action. The first, and probably the last Savage in my safe among dozens of 700's. Didn't realize until I got home and did some research that I have a SA stagger feed long action/short action on my hands. If I load the mag with 450 rounds they just pop back out. Is there a way to convert to center feed or am I up the creek without a paddle? Already purchased my barrel also.
    8ballcustomz

Those actions are great in certain applications, trade it off for what you want.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Warrick
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ballcustomz View Post
    Hey guys I'm no stranger to the 450 cartridge and the loads of fun it can be, I have 30+ AR builds under my belt. However I am new to the bolt gun builds and I think I screwed up pretty good. Picked up a Savage 110 in 243 for my donor action. The first, and probably the last Savage in my safe among dozens of 700's. Didn't realize until I got home and did some research that I have a SA stagger feed long action/short action on my hands. If I load the mag with 450 rounds they just pop back out. Is there a way to convert to center feed or am I up the creek without a paddle? Already purchased my barrel also.
    8ballcustomz

I built on a 110 myself and you can see my build thread in these forums. I took a 308 center feed magazine and epoxyed it into my magazine well in my stock. it took a little work to get it to work but it feeds great.

I also have some videos on you tube under warrick county outdoors showing the build.

Basic Member
    I wonder if one of the CF magazines with the tab that goes under the rear action screw would work. I saw one in a stock on *bay. Then it could be removed without the epoxy work.