Thread: I am an idiot

miker

I am an idiot

About 2 weeks ago i made a post asking for help on a stevens 200 22-250 that use to shoot then after got it hot did not shoot went through everything on the rifle still would not shoot was sure barell was shot out remembered this spring reworked the beading and beded the barell nut but i did not tape off the recoil lug some to the bedding material seaped in on the 1 side of the lug and stuck to the lug only giving me about 20% bearing surface on the lug cleaned all that beding out on the lug and the barell nut back to 1 hole groups remember when your dad said if it is not broken dont fix it well i sould have listened so everybody that took the time to answer my posts now have every right to make fun of me so let me have it

Re: I am an idiot

I won't make fun of you. I did something similar and almost ruined the accuracy of my 223 rig. I've since gotten it straightened out and haved the rig shooting bughole again "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is soooooooo true!.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

~Ace~

Did dad happen to mention punctuation ?

Quote Originally Posted by miker
    About 2 weeks ago i made a post asking for help on a stevens 200 22-250 that use to shoot then after got it hot did not shoot went through everything on the rifle still would not shoot was sure barell was shot out remembered this spring reworked the beading and beded the barell nut but i did not tape off the recoil lug some to the bedding material seaped in on the 1 side of the lug and stuck to the lug only giving me about 20% bearing surface on the lug cleaned all that beding out on the lug and the barell nut back to 1 hole groups remember when your dad said if it is not broken dont fix it well i sould have listened so everybody that took the time to answer my posts now have every right to make fun of me so let me have it
    I bored, it is raining out side! So I am having fun at your expense. :) :)

About 2 weeks ago, I made a post asking for help on a Stevens 200 / 22-250 rem that use to shoot. Then after I got it hot, it did not shoot. At this point we are unsure if you broke it and it quit functioning, or maybe your are talking accuracy. I went through everything on the rifle. Still it would not shoot. I was sure the barrel was shot out. Remembered this spring I reworked the bedding and bedded the barrel nut. I did not tape off the recoil lug. Some to the bedding material seeped in on 1 side of the lug and stuck to the lug only giving me about 20% bearing surface on the lug. I cleaned all that bedding out on the lug and the barrel nut.I'm now back to 1 hole groups.
    Remember when your dad said if it is not broken don't fix it? well I should have listened! So, everyone that took the time to answer my posts, now has every right to make fun of me. So let me have it.

good to see your willing to try new things and work with them until it works right! Dose it shoot any better now?
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

stevec

;D

Glad you got it going your way.

Steve

DGD6MM

my dad was to busy sippin jack daniels whiskey and smokin cocaine ;D

King Ghidora

my dad was to busy sippin jack daniels whiskey and smokin cocaine
    Well at least he didn't try it the other way around. It's hard to keep that Jack lit. ::)

Hey I wish I did do something stupid to my MkII because then maybe I could fix it easy. It keeps shooting keyholes. Maybe I need to turn the gun where it's pointing the right direction so the bullets will go in straight. ??? ;D