Thread: New glass choices?

New glass choices?

Narrowed my glass search to:
    Nikon Buckmaster II 3x9 or 4x12
    Nikon prostaff rimfire..either
    Bushnell rimfire 4x12x40.
    Anybody have luck with these scopes, pros and cons?
    Thanks for any feedback.
    Last edited by penna shooter; 03-18-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Or any other mid range priced scopes suggestions.....Thanks

Anybody used or had luck with the Vortex line?
    Both diamondback and or Crossfire? They look promising.

Anybody out there..Ferris ........Bueller......

Safe to assume you're putting it on a rimfire? I have/still use the nikon buckmasters(older model) on 3 rifles that I have. I like them. Have an older prostaff that Ive had on various rifles in the last several and have had good luck with it. I have a couple bushnells that are fine but the crosshairs are just a tad thick for my liking. I think you will be fine with either of those.
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

I had a Buckmaster reticle spin on me at the range, and Nikon customer service was "difficult" to deal with. They tried to replace my scope with a lower priced scope. I would avoid the Buckmaster.

Basic Member
    When I took the BSA off my Savage 22 mag I felt I should use a rimfire scope due to the parralex settings.
    That said I liked the size of the Redfield revolution and the leupold association with it. I found as a result of
    talking to a tech at Leupold we can send (any) of their scopes back for a reset of the parralex distance for $15.
    We can also order directly from them and have custom changes made to any scope. So you could buy any Leupold
    or Redfield on ebay or privately and send it in for a parralex change to rimfire settings. I simply bought a new 2x7
    Redfield direct from them with the setting I wanted of 50 yds.

Keep in mind also that they will also change one or both standard adjustments to dial type adjustments.
    So one of the older very good 3x9 leupolds could be changed to have what you want for still a very good number.
    Last edited by yobuck; 03-19-2016 at 09:26 AM.

OscarMike
    I just removed a bushnell 4x12x40 that came on my savage 11vt 308, wouldn't hold zero... swapped it for a swfa super sniper 10x mil quad and love it

Basic Member
    I have three Mueller APV 4.5-14 AO and like them a lot for rimfires.
    Ordered a Mueller APV 2-7x32 AO and hope it's as nice as the original in a more compact form.

Don't be afraid to change the parallax yourself if you find a centerfire scope at a good price. If the scope is constructed to allow adjustment, it's a very simple change. A quick search will provide plenty of instruction.

Thanks for all the feedback, its for a Savage 93R17 Laminated stock and doing a bit more choices search for now and thanks again for your help.

joebreeding.jb
    What's a good shotgun that will not rip my arm off looking for something in a light recoil for home and range kinda looking in the brake action because interested in changing out the calipers with the barrel adapters if they're any good all in all looking for something not going to brake the bank to I was looking at the The Rock Armory stainless Edition good price but I hear it jam's not sure on shotgun's????!!!

lp04
    I have the buckmaster II 4-12x40 on 2 rifles. Both of them are hunting rifles. One my savage 111 in .270 and one on my axis in 30-06.

They both hold zero, good low light transmission. Positive clicks on the turret but there is a little play in it.

On my 300 win mag i have a weaver kaspa 4-16x44 that is a good bit clearer, has better eye relief and side focus parralax. It also has an illuminated reticle that isnt bs. Its a very nice illumination not like the cheap scopes. The turrets though do not have as positive of a click and are harder to turn. I paid $175 for it from midway. I would highly recommend it. Oh and the reticle is etched not wire hung