First time poster. I've researched past threads and still need a little guidance.

So I bought a nice little savage .300 win mag last year and replaced the Plastic Tupperware feeling stock (it wasn't the accustock) with a Hogue rubber overmold pillar bedded drop in stock. It felt great until I took it to the field to dial it in. As I put the gun in my shooting sticks and bipod, I noticed that the forearm had flex in it. I can actually pull the forend up to touch the free floating barrel. Obviously this could create some problems in the mountains if I rest my gun on a rock or bipod to shoot a bull and miss because the barrel contacts the forend! As such I am looking to spend up to $300-$350 for a good replacement stock. I would prefer a black synthetic stock, but I'm not afraid of a good walnut stock either. I've heard Bell & Carleson and Boyd..... but this isn't something I've done a lot of, so I'm asking you guys for some guidance. I don't want to bed the barrel, as it was designed to free float and I'd like to maintain that. (had a buddy suggest glass bedding it and I think i'll pass)
Someone on another forum site suggested I'm overthinking it, so if that's the case, then tell me I'm being a knucklehead. Perhaps I'm just used to the walnut stock on my old 110 30-06??
Thanks for any help I can get!