Thread: Used/new to me 93R17BV 17HMR scope ideas

Used/new to me 93R17BV 17HMR scope ideas

New to the site and I just procured a used-never fired, probably a fire hall raffle trade in.....Savage 93R17BV, laminated stock, Heavy barrel, accutrigger...Loving it so far, but need a glass for it.....Narrowed down to a few options, open for suggestions........I have to remember its not a 300 WIn mag, but like something accurate and clear. Thanks for feedback....PS

Basic Member
    Athlon optics are made up of former bushnell engineers and are really coming up with some cool stuff for very good prices.

Primary arms is another that has some good stuff on the cheaper end.

From there you can look into Vortex vipers/pst, Burris, possibly bushnell but I am planning on grabbing an Athlon and Primary Arms by the end of the year because of price, good reviews and reticle choice.

Depends on how much you want to spend. If cash isnt an issue then I would go Night Force, Schimt and Bender, Vortex Razor or something along those lines.

Thanks for the feedback, like to spend anywhere from 100 to 200 for this plinker....Have a few Leopolds, Nikons on my hi-powers rifles, so just looking around and reading some reviews here and Google's. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    Athlon optics are made up of former bushnell engineers and are really coming up with some cool stuff for very good prices.

Primary arms is another that has some good stuff on the cheaper end.

From there you can look into Vortex vipers/pst, Burris, possibly bushnell but I am planning on grabbing an Athlon and Primary Arms by the end of the year because of price, good reviews and reticle choice.

Depends on how much you want to spend. If cash isnt an issue then I would go Night Force, Schimt and Bender, Vortex Razor or something along those lines.
    Looked at there website and wow.....cool stuff.

I know you didn't mention it but for gods sake don't waste your money on a bsa sweet 17.

Quote Originally Posted by talltimber View Post
    I know you didn't mention it but for gods sake don't waste your money on a bsa sweet 17.
    Thanks for the warning....No sweet 17. I finally pulled the trigger on a Nikon Buckmaster BDC 3x9x40 and had it mounted, sighted in and shot some tight groups at 100yds. Very happy, used Hornady 20gr XTP. Will post some pixs on the rifle and target soon.
    Last edited by penna shooter; 04-01-2016 at 06:19 AM.

I had a Nikon 4X12 on mine and could shoot 1.5" groups at 180 yards using 17 gr CCI's when there was no wind to contend with.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67