Thread: Choate Tactical or B&C M40 style

Choate Tactical or B&C M40 style

Well, since finding out my 12FCV isn't an Accustock, I've been looking into my options. I'd love to go with a chassis (my brother just put a KRG X-ray on his Rem 700) but it's out of the budget right now. I've narrowed it down to the Choate Tactical or the B&C M40. Both will accommodate my factory DBM with bottom bolt release. My concern is dropping money on a new stock only to find the comb a bit low and having to drop more money on a stock pack or a Karsten style cheek riser.

Regardless of stock, I'm planning on running a SWFA 12x fixed so my objective is going to be around 45mm and the lowest ring/combo I can find (while still clearing the bolt handle).

Looking at pictures of both stocks has me going bleary eyed. Is it just me or does the Choate comb height look just bit higher than the B&C?

If the comb height is equal, is there any other reason to go with one over the other? I've heard the Choate is heavy but that won't bother me as this will be a range only gun.

Thanks!

Basic Member
    Have you looked at the Choate Sniper they can be had for about $ 200.00 I just put a Choate tactical on my 110. Nice a bit heavy but well built. Comb measures 1.25 inches from grip.
    Handi204

Quote Originally Posted by Handi204 View Post
    Have you looked at the Choate Sniper they can be had for about $ 200.00 I just put a Choate tactical on my 110. Nice a bit heavy but well built. Comb measures 1.25 inches from grip.
    Handi204
    At the risk of sounding petty, I have considered the Choate Sniper, but just can't get past the looks of the thing. Thanks for the measurements!

Eabco.com was running a sale that expires 3/9 for $15 off orders of $150 or more. Couldn't pass it up so I ordered the Choate Tactical. If it doesn't work out, I have 30 days to return it. Fingers crossed!

Basic Member
    Don't have to worry about durability of choate. I've had a UV stock since 09. Besides some cosmetic scratches, it's held up quite nicely over the years.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Thanks for the feedback!

I vote Choate, and have owned both.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

I'm glad I made a solid choice! Like many here, this is a budget build and I love high value choices. Glad to see the Choate stock getting the nod.