Thread: Information on my 110, single shot, .223 synthetic stock

Mike Elmer

Information on my 110, single shot, .223 synthetic stock

I bought this gun around the early 1990's. The dealer put it in the wrong box, and I didn't realize I had a 110, instead of the 112 designation on the label of the box, till a few days ago. I called Savage, and they informed me that they do not have information on guns manufactured prior to 1996 (?). So, I was wondering if anyone here knows where I could check the serial number, and find out what I really have.

Basic Member
    Are you able to post some detailed pics? I'm sure some one here can help you identify what you have.

Mike Elmer
    Texas, I believe I have a picture of two of the gun... I need to locate them, and I will post them. The gun is at the shop right now, as I wish to have a pillar bedded stock installed as soon as we can find one that I am satisfied with.

Mike Elmer
    Ok, After numerous attempts, I cannot post a picture of the rifle without first posting it on Facebook. That is something I am just not comfortable doing. That said, I did purchase a Hogue Stock from a supplier, on line. It was listed on their site as a Blind Magazine stock.... but when delivered, it was for a detachable magazine... grrrrrrr.... The stock does fit the action, other than no floor plate.... so now I am checking to see if I can get a floor plate to cover that big hole. If I cannot find it, I will send the stock back to the supplier, and look elsewhere for a stock that works.... seems to be more of a project than it should be.

Basic Member
    Sounds like the beginning of the "gun purchase from hell"…not to make fun of your predicament. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

If you end up returning your stock, and are looking for something else, take a look at this link.. http://www.eabco.net/Savage-Thumbhol...n_p_14233.html and browse around for all their available stocks.

I put one of these under my son's new model 12FV, and wrote a review about the experience in the "aftermarket stocks" section in this forum.

The Revolution stock I recieved was a good fit, and included installed pillars. Nevertheless, I epoxy bedded with Devcon 10110.

The end result was very good looking , and very good shooting.