Hello, i was looking for some insight. I have a savage model 11 s/a in .243. I bought another factory stock for a model 11 hog hunter (o.d. green which looks better than the black one mine has) and the rifle it came from was a .308 caliber. The problem im having is my original trigger guard sits to deep in the stock (which doesnt allow me to tighten up the rear action bolt because the bolt us contacting the bolt/bolt carrier assembly) and the front action bolt does not line up with the front receiver bolt hole. The magazine well looks to be slightly less longer than my original stock (although the blind magazine still fits in it) and it seems like the bedding surface (where the front action bolt goes) its about 1/4" longer than my original stock. So with all that being said i know u cant use that stock without some modifying but my next question is why are the stocks so different from eachother? They are both short action stocks, have the same distance's from screw hole to screw hole, and are technically the same caliber (.243 is a necked down .308). Is is because the hog hunter model 11 savages are slightly different from the regular model 11 savages, or is it a generation difference between the 2 model 11's. I will post pictures later showing measurements with a digital caliper of bolt hole distances and internal measurements.

All comments and criticism are welcomed!