Thread: MDT mags not compatible with AM BM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Twinsen

MDT mags not compatible with AM BM

I have a Savage 10 with Accustock and OEM AM DBM. I bought an MDT AICS pattern magazine. It doesn't work. I reached out to MDT support after being told they offer "100% support and Guaranteed satisfaction".

My email:
    I have a Savage 10 in 223 Rem. It is in the Savage Accustock with OEM bottom metal that is made by Accurate Mag. I am attempting to use a tan 223 MDT magazine. I cannot get it to feed from the magazine to the chamber. I do not think it has ever loaded a round correctly.I experience the following malfunctions:
    -Cartridge is pushed free of magazine, but tipped nose-up into breech face. This one is the most common. Since the cartridge is free of the magazine, the bolt can be pulled back and then pushed forward again to load the cartridge into the barrel. I have to do this quickly, or else the round will tip nose-down into the breech face.
    -Cartridge is pushed slightly forward, bolt slides over top of it.
    -Cartridge is pushed midway forward, bolt slips past rim, and crushes cartridge body against the feed ramp.
    -Cartridge begins to move forward, but rim lock occurs and follower and rounds are stuck tilted forward and almost straight down.

MDT response:
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately, given the range of issues you seem to be having, I believe the magazine may not be compatible in this particular configuration / format. I find that polymer magazines are a little less forgiving when it comes to feeding (you can always manipulate metal magazines somewhat to get them to feed correctly if you are having issues).
    Did you purchase your magazine from MDT? If so, I would be more than happy to refer your issue to our sales dept who can refund your purchase.
    I'm sorry I cannot think of another solution to this,
    Thank you
    Scott Brew
    CAD Designer

Edit: MDT offered a refund, I accepted after giving up on testing, and they called me the next day and said they'll help me get my rifle functioning. Them helping me is gonna cost them time and money and I appreciate it because I've got like $1,400 of rifle just sitting here.

Last edited by Hotolds442; 03-02-2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: I used one man's words as testimony for an entire company and I should not have.