Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: savage 10t no good

Basic Member

Back to savage she goes

Process_engineer
    I personally wouldn't even send it back. I'd drill it out and re-tap the holes to the next size up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    The threads look fine on the receiver side... probably right though.. may as well swap to torx anyway

Basic Member
    I got the 10T 6.5 cm I am debating on sending back for accuracy issues. Getting a little disappointed with savage reading all these little issues that should have been addressed before shipping out. Starting to think I should have waited on a RPR instead of jumping on the 10T 6.5. Unless ou don't need our rifle for awhile, as was suggested, do it yourself or have a good smith take care of it for you. Guess I got lucky getting a near perfect 308. Hope you get it ironed out as the rifle is a great shooter.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    Finally got out today... broke it in then layed down a few groups... on the ground with a bipod that was to tall so wasn't a very comfortable position... she is a tack driver.. last 2 groups of three i shot... put 40 rounds through her intotal

Basic Member
    Cant wait to see what itll do with a bench and some bags to hold the rear a bit more steady.... those were at 100yds

Process_engineer
    Nice man. I'm getting similar results just shooting off my backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Nice shooting. Mine is also a tac driver. Unfortunately my 10T 6.5cm isn't. Savage just emailed me to let me know they will have UPS pick it up Wednesday to take a look at it. Sent them a pic of my last range trip with a message of disappointment.

Basic Member
    Gotta say... it's a good feeling to know its shooting well..

Basic Member
    What bullets you using on that target? Forgot what scope your using? After putting that 20 MOA rail on mine, was able to use my nikon M-308 and able to dial to 1000 yards with 178 gr ELD-X. When I did load development with the 208 gr ELD-M, definitely a different ball game. According to my ballistic app, that load doesn't go subsonic until after 1300 yards. The 178's go subsonic at 1283 yards. When you get done with what your shooting, step up a bit. Its interesting and fun.

Basic Member
    Federal factory gold medal 168. Vortex pst 6x24

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 87tpita View Post
    Federal factory gold medal 168. Vortex pst 6x24
    Bump up to 175/178. You will see your rifle will really like them. Better at bucking the wind too. BTW, nice setup. Been looking for a Burris XTR II 4-25x50 in MOA reticle. Waiting on a gun shop to see if they can get me one for $870 as they sold out of current stock. Others want $1149. But that will go on my 10T creedmoor (hopefully).

Basic Member
    Ive been reading alot of good things about the xtrII.... some time in the distant future ill be putting glass on my 243... probably go with a sightron III ... decent glass for a good price. Especially used

Basic Member
    Had to look up sightron as I don't know much about them. Allot of good reviews. About the same price as the Burris. Seems the SCR-MOA is popular since most places are back order while the other reticle ones are in stock. How do you like your vortex? After having issues on 2 different vortex scopes, sending in for warranty work, I ruled them out for my next optic. For now i'll be using my swfa 20x ss on my creedmoor until I find the burris at a good price.

Basic Member
    I like the pst.... but its my first $300+$ scope ive owned so i don't have a fair basis to judge it on

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Had to look up sightron as I don't know much about them. Allot of good reviews. About the same price as the Burris. Seems the SCR-MOA is popular since most places are back order while the other reticle ones are in stock. How do you like your vortex? After having issues on 2 different vortex scopes, sending in for warranty work, I ruled them out for my next optic. For now i'll be using my swfa 20x ss on my creedmoor until I find the burris at a good price.
    I would buy Vortex optics long before I give another dime of my money to SWFA. I had a big headache with them some years back when I ordered an SS. Long story short it took roughly three months to get it straightened out. The SS I received had 'issues'. For some reason it was almost impossible to get a replacement. Thankfully the owner Chris IIRC was the guy who finally resolved my woes after rounds and rounds with the generic customer service. Oh yeah, I went with another scope. I still use it regularly.

Sorry for the Hijack

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234