Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: savage 10t no good

I hope it shoots good for you now that it has had the barrel changed. I agree Cabelas has some of the most uninformed staff in the business and unless I know exactly what I want to buy and it's a good price, I would rather go to my Local shop to do business. most of the people have no idea what they are talking about or what they are selling. It's no better at Gander Mtn, or Bass Pro either. In my opinion, you deserve the rebate or at least a gift card to compensate the difference. If you fight for it, you may get it.

As far as the rebate form,
    Actually, it says Model 12 and 10/110 BA (see link below). Since it didn't say 10 series or specifically the 10T, I decided to question everyone up front (and glad I did).
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/promotions/web/sa143/SA143_SavageArmsSpringPromo_Coupon_fHR.PDF

Basic Member
    Got a call from Cabela's corporate today.. they stated i will be receiving the savage $100 rebate shortly.... time will tell ...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 87tpita View Post
    Got a call from Cabela's corporate today.. they stated i will be receiving the savage $100 rebate shortly.... time will tell ...
    I knew they would take care of you. congrats. Now get us a range report. Mine is a tac driver and know yours will be too. Need pics too.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Process_engineer

savage 10t no good

No ****. I just bought a 10T last month and they told me at cabelas that it didn't qualify after I argued that the add said it did. Guess it can't hurt to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Process_engineer View Post
    No ****. I just bought a 10T last month and they told me at cabelas that it didn't qualify after I argued that the add said it did. Guess it can't hurt to call.

If everyone told you it didn't apply to that model why would you call anyone?
    More shooting, less typing.

We need some more info. Who filled out the rebate form and what changed that made it eligible? I highly doubt you will get the actual rebate check that the 110/10BA is eligible for, when you bought the 10T, unless Cabelas worked something out with Savage. If it were me and Cabelas called and said it should be here shortly, I would ask, is it coming from Savage or Cabelas? If they said "Savage" I would ask them how did that happen, if it isn't eligible for the rebate. From my experience, When I called Cabelas and talked to numerous people, they ALL said it was eligible when in fact it wasn't. I feel Cabelas doesn't take the time to research the correct info and just tells the customer what they want to hear so they stop calling. It wasn't until Cabelas finally picked up the phone and called Savage until they realized they made a mistake. That's when they told me they would give me a $100 gift card to offset the rebate amount. Did Cabelas give you a rebate # so you can check your status? If I were you, I wouldn't stop since you are so close. Now that they said your entitled to it, demand a gift card if you don't get the check. If you do actually get a check, Great. But you will be the only one I have heard get it for the 10T.

I would imagine that they will send him a gift card although there is a chance they send a check. Either way, it will be from Cabela's and not Savage.
    More shooting, less typing.

Basic Member
    The woman specifically said savage was sending the rebate .. not sure what's happening.. at this point i wouldn't even be surprised if she is wrong .. my opinion on Cabela's has changed for the worst after this fiasco.. hopefully i can get out on sunday

My money is on Cabelas is wrong again. Did you get a rebate tracking number? If so, call the rebate company @ 866-269-5194 and ask them the status. You can also give them your serial number and they will tell you if you are getting one or not. Take the info you get and call Cabelas back and complain more, and ask for a gift card to compensate you for the ineligible rebate that was linked to the 10T on the their website. If you send me your email I can send you screen shots of the website showing the rebate and the link.

Here is Savages rebate page in case you haven't seen it yet. http://www.savagearms.com/promotions/

Process_engineer
    I hope your new barrel shoots as well as mine does. I am a relatively new shooter and my 10T is a tack driver.

Basic Member
    I bought a 10t also thinkinh i would get the 100$ rebate. How could i pass up a 10t for $399! Well after many calls to the rebate center they finally honored the rebate and i did get my $100.00. Best rifle ever under $400. Not to mention with all my gift cards, cabelas points i paid hardly anything

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    So yet again... Cabela's was wrong... another hour on yhe phone with corporate customer care.. they added $100 worth of cabelas points to my card... incompetent at best .. its what it is

Basic Member
    So did you get a chance to shoot it over the weekend? Sorry to hear about your troubles with Cabelas. They've been on a down hill slide for a while. I guess that's why Bass Pro is trying to purchase them.

Basic Member
    I didn't get a chance... went Fishing with my boss on Sunday and had to work Saturday... if not this upcoming then 2 weeks ill get it out for sure

hellbilly
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I purchased a .308 10t from cabelas on Febuary 24th. Got the rifle home, began cleaning and noticed a lot of copper fouling in the rifling from savages test fire at muzzle end. I scrubbed out fouling and noticed major pitting and tool marks. I have not shot rifle. I brought the rifle back to Cabela's and they sent it back to savage. I talked to savage today and the gun is waiting to be test fired. I buy a firearm a year, some cheap some not so cheap. I have never seen pitting and tooling marks like this ever on a new firearm. This is not acceptable to me. Savage does not seem to think this is a big deal. They are concerned with how it shoots. To me, how it shoots is irrelevant. I don't believe a new barrel should be pitted or have excessive tooling marks. Am I nuts for believing this. Any of you fellas that had you're 10t barrel replaced, did you have to struggle with savage to do so. Also, I apologize if I am interrupting anyone's thread. I am new to the forum thing.

Process_engineer
    My 10T got a lot of copper fouling for the first 200ish rounds. It has gotten a lot better. It shoots sub MOA on hand loads.

Basic Member
    Dam, that sucks. Bought mine last year when there was a rebate. After a few rounds braking it in, then zeroing it, shoots fantastic. Didn't think to inspect real close when I bought it. Tac driver when i'm not twitching. Production barrels aren't perfect but pitting shouldn't be there. Just got the 6.5 cm version so will be looking close at it.

Process_engineer
    I'd like to see the pitting. Tooling marks are common from what I hear. I assume that's why my fouling was so bad until the bore smoothed out

Basic Member
    Here we go again... finally have some time to shoot tomorrow... figured I'd check my scope rail to see if i need to bed it... glance down and notice the screws look like toex... weird but i go get my torx bits... sit down and look closer... all the hex heads are stripped... the front one is a few mm higher than the rest and seems to be cross threaded.. unless this rail has 1 hole machined highr than the rest.... 2 of them are so bad i can't even work the screws out.... WTF!

Basic Member

Basic Member
    I was able to get 3 of the 4 screws out with a small hammer and some tapping... but the 4th is round.... tried a size bigger torx.. tapped into screw head and it bit perfect... no go.. it must be miss threaded... savages qc seems like a joke to me at this point

Process_engineer
    What terrible luck. I will say whatever they used for socket head cap screws are ****. They are very soft.

Basic Member
    Get a left hand twist drill and drill the head off. Most times the drill will bite into the screw and just back it out before it actually drills the head off.

A "must have" tool for FUBAR'd screws.

All my screws were very tight and slightly stripped and my front screw seemed cross threaded as well. The front screw hole seems not as deep as the others due to the barrel being under it. I couldn't find a wrench that fit perfect but I did get all of them out. ( i was scared I was going to snap them when removing them because they were that tight. ) Try using a soldering gun and place the tip on the screw. The heat may help it some. I ended up removing the EGW rail and installing a DNZ one piece (Game Reaper rail) DNZ makes a great product for the money. I'm just glad my holes weren't drilled off center on the 10T.

Basic Member
    That sucks. Savage is getting sloppy on QC. I was sweating when I replaced mine with a 20 MOA rail. Hope I don't have to remove it. Front screw stripped when I put the rail back on but got it tight.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast