Hello all, I know that there have been posts about this kind of thing before, but I haven't come across an instance where this occurred with the stock trigger. A couple of months ago I bought an axis .30-06 and have since put about a hundred rounds through it without incident. He barrel appears to be broken in well, and I'm quite happy with the way it shoots. That being said, I was putting some rounds down range and cycling the bolt with my left hand on the forward part of the stock and my right hand cycling the bolt (hence not near the trigger). Before the bolt handle was even all the way down in the saddle, the rifle fired. Thankfully the rifle was pointed safely down range, but obviously it is a huge concern especially since I got the rifle for big game hunting. Again, the trigger on the rifle is 100% stock and overall I think the trigger design, while simple, seems quite poor and prone to wear. The bolt moves a little black plate into a notch on the trigger level and I suspect it may have a propensity to slip if either the plate or the notch wear at all, which is practically a guarantee with any use at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the rifle went off even with the safety on once that plate and/or notch on the trigger level wears. At this point I'm planning on taking the rifle to a gun smith, but I was wondering if anyone else has come across this particular problem and if there are any ideas as to the cause? Thanks!