Thread: 1917 value?

1917 value?

I bought this gun years ago just because it was old and in such good shape. No rust, no pits in barrel and retains a good 95% of the original bluing. It is in 32 ACP and functions perfectly and really quite accurate.Now I am considering selling it because I am getting old and don't want to leave my wife the job of disposing of my guns. Could any of you guys give me an estimate on it's value?

Basic Member
    Welcome,
    Where you are located will have a direct bearing on value. If in Canada it's a $400 piece because of the barrel length. Looks good. Do you have the box and any spare magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by 824tsv View Post
    Welcome,
    Where you are located will have a direct bearing on value. If in Canada it's a $400 piece because of the barrel length. Looks good. Do you have the box and any spare magazines?
    I live in SW Michigan. The barrel length is 3-5/8". No box, just the gun with one magazine.

Kind of high on a Canadian price for a prohib, a lot of Canadians weren't grandfathered in for the 12-6 so prohibs sell pretty cheap up here. I've seen them sell at auction for $200- $250.

Now in the U.S. with that kind of condition it should bring $400, most sell at around $300 in the U.S. but the condition will bring a premium on that gun.
    Savage- "never say never".

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Kind of high on a Canadian price for a prohib, a lot of Canadians weren't grandfathered in for the 12-6 so prohibs sell pretty cheap up here. I've seen them sell at auction for $200- $250.

Now in the U.S. with that kind of condition it should bring $400, most sell at around $300 in the U.S. but the condition will bring a premium on that gun.
    Ah, that is what I was looking for.....thanks

Basic Member
    I'm a sucker for quality and haved paid too much on most people's standards regarding Savage pistols. But then again when you run across one in exquisite condition how often do you see them like that, thus I usually pay a higher price. When you really get down to it gun values are very subjective, it's a matter of finding the right buyer who's willing to pay the price, within reason of course.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I've seen them in the US in that condition bring 700.00 online.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk