Thread: Another bmag question

Basic Member

Another bmag question

I was just checking out my bmag and noticed that the barrel doesn't run straight down the stock it kinda starts to go to the left about midway down forearm of stock and by end of forearm it is touching the stock at end of stock. I haven't shot it yet but I'm thinking this is probably gonna affect accuracy. I know it's on here somewhere but I can't find out how can I fix this without having to buy a new stock for it. I plan on getting a Boyd's for it but right now slush fund is a little low to buy one so I'm just looking to use cheap factory stock for now.

Basic Member
    Wow nobody

Basic Member
    they all run to that side, it is the stock they used. they flex to much, I put a Boyd's classic on my sporter and is also was off at that time since they used the savage stock as a pattern, I have to do some sanding on the one side of the Boyd's stock to make it look right and free float it also, then it was fine. much more accurate with the boyds on it

Basic Member
    Warped, bent, swooped, curved, whatever stock, has been discussed numerous times.
    Therefore lack of response.
    My thin tube b mag plastic stock curves also, sanded it a tad, shoots 3/4" 50 yds sand bags.
    I have not really tried for tight groups yet, too many other toys to shoot.
    Good luck with yours
    Let him grow, Shoot a doe !

Basic Member
    yep, bottom line is if you want it to shot right get a Boyd's stock for it
    btw is it a sporter barrel or the HB stainless? my HB is a tack driver :) Boyd's Thumbhole stock on it in Nutmeg

Basic Member
    Wow sorry monkeymaster didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch this is a forum to ask questions isn't it. Thank you lonewulf. Mine is the sporter barrel. I just ordered a Boyd's stock should be here Tuesday.

Basic Member
    which Boyds stock did you get? got a Nutmeg classic on my Sporter and a nutmeg thumbhole on my HB Stainless
    don't get me wrong, my sporter shoots decent, about 1 1/2 groups at 100yd, but my HB stainless will hit a quarter 5 out of 5 times at 100 and not done fine tuning it yet :)
    you can get a aluminum trigger guard for your Boyds stock from DIP products. I sent my plastic one to Bob there and it took awhile but they have a Aluminum one for the B-mag Boyds stocks now. he sent me one of the first one's they made from the die of the plastic one I sent to him

Basic Member
    btw you may have to lay your barrel in the stock and make sure it is even on both sides, I sanded mine a little with a 3/8 wooden dowel with sand paper stapled to it to make both side look even, also I wanted to make sure it was free floated

Basic Member
    I got the pepper laminate classic stock. Yeah I just missed a guy selling a stainless heavy barrel locally yesterday with 2 extra mag's and 4 boxes of shells with a NSS sweet 17 WSM scope for $300 could get it to hit what he wanted at 100 yds still had savage stock on it. Lol just my luck.