Thread: Straight Trigger?

Basic Member

Straight Trigger?

Has anyone ever shot with one of these? They're made for Remington's, AR's (I believe) and some handgun brands but I can't find anything for Savage? I wonder what the possibility would be of straightening out a factory trigger?

Basic Member
    The question is, why would you want one?

They're big in the AR world. I had one on my Mega Arms precision build and hated it, so it was repalced with a Geissele. They're really nothing special at all, and they take some getting used to. But there's very little if any reason to have one on a bolt gun.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Basic Member
    No reason in particular other than curiousity, I've never shot, or known someone who has, with one.

schnyd112
    They are big on competition/bullseye pistols as well. It's preference, I personally don't like them. I have short, stubby fingers and the straight trigger adds to the Length of pull. I have never seen one on a bolt gun. Careful if you try to straighten your own trigger. You may change the pivot point without knowing and render the mechanism inoperable.

Basic Member
    Thank you. I've never shot with one at all, some of the logic behind them is intriguing though. I've seen them for 1911's, some Sigs and Glocks too. I understand what you're saying about the pivot too, maybe something like that is why they don't have them for Savage. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by schnyd112 View Post
    They are big on competition/bullseye pistols as well. It's preference, I personally don't like them. I have short, stubby fingers and the straight trigger adds to the Length of pull. I have never seen one on a bolt gun. Careful if you try to straighten your own trigger. You may change the pivot point without knowing and render the mechanism inoperable.

Basic Member
    I have one one a pistol for competition, it did add to the length of pull. I like it for that reason for shooting in competitions, because I have big hands. For a rifle I am not sold on the idea.

Basic Member
    I put a Timney straight trigger on my Rem 700P, and I love it. Its still in the HS stock, adjusted to around 2.5 pounds. I have large hands, and feel that with my finger at the very bottom of the trigger with just the pad, I can apply smooth, consistent force. I absolutely love straight triggers.