Quote Originally Posted by doctnj View Post
I thought it would be funny /useful as a learning experience for new loaders to list up your mistakes.
I'll go first.

One that I've done more than once is to load powder and bullets and... Oh yeah forget primers!!
I see this will be an interesting forum to post on....

I've done that as well but with 300 WM cases and H1000... I don't dribble out the flash hole, it's cylindrical and won't come out....lol

I've stuck more than a few (I quit using One Shot about a month after it came out), I just use it on straightwall pistol cases for easier resizing now. I'm very careful with my custom built John Whidden dies...don't want to be pulling a stock case from a 200 dollar plus die.... I use an RCBS lube pad and lube now... Sometimes, old school is better....

I think my worst bad habit is seating too deep and then having to pull the pill and resize the case and do it again. COAL is critical when seating for jump and I use RCBS micrometer seaters with custom machined (by me) pilots and getting a consistent seat depth of a number of cases can be an effort in frustration at times.... I use a torque wrench in place of the press handle when seating to get consistent seating pressure but sometimes even that won't work consistently.