You know how they say to never anneal brass with a live primer? Seems pretty obvious, heat and explosives don't mix well. So I had a couple of FTF's at the range the other day, and pulled down the cartridges to save components but got side tracked before I could de-capp both and apparently just set them aside on my loading bench.

Next day decided to anneal all the shot brass on it's fourth cycle and somehow got the FTF brass mixed in with the other shot ones. Proceeded to start annealing and bout the time i dropped the fifth case into the bowl after annealing, a very loud bang rang out. Knew exactly what I'd done, but couldn't remember if I de-primed the other FTF.

About 10 cases later, just as I dropped the newly anneal case in the bowl, another loud blast. This time however, the force of the primer (CCI 450) blowing out of the pocket of the 6mmBR case and hitting an adjacent case and almost flattening it completely. Quite amazing how much force it (the primer) had. Gave me a whole new respect for what a primer can do all by itself.