Thread: Federal gold medal match large rifle primers

Bolts

Federal gold medal match large rifle primers

I have built a 6.5 creedmoor useing a Savage PTA. I have spent considerable time (and money) developing a couple of decent loads for it, but still need tweaking. I have used federal Gold medal match primers to do so. (Gm210m) I am running low on these primers and can't seem to find them in stock anywhere. Does anyone know why the drought on these primers? If I go to another primer I will have to start the load development over. If you reload you know what I mean. Yikes !! I'm kind of thinking out loud here. What is your take on this ?

Basic Member
    Bolt check your PM's
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    Just to keep this on the up and up i sent this link to bolt but wanted him to have a shot at getting primers before i posted it for everyone to stampede to. http://www.lohmanarms.com/category-s/2101.htm
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    Is this legit? Are they really in stock or back order? Because they show Fed 215 Gold Match's too. Those are harder to find than freaking unicorns!

Basic Member
    All i can say is call in the morning. All i did was a yahoo search and came up with them. I do know there are things running around the larger cities that i can't find out here in the boonies.

CCI BR-2's are made from "unobtainium" too......
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    I just called Lohman Arms....
    They ARE back ordered.
    Their website is very misleading

Basic Member
    good to know

Vanilla Gorilla
    Bolt i have been trying to find these for the past 6 months myself with no success. I am not sure myself why they are just nonexistent. I call from time to time to my LGS's and almost get laughed at as if i am looking for some type of buried treasure. Good luck in your hunt and if you happen to find them in stock somewhere please let me know.

pitsnipe
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    CCI BR-2's are made from "unobtainium" too......

Have a few hundred (I know not much) and haven't used them in years as couldn't match them with the rest of any recipe. PM if interested.

Snipe

pitsnipe
    Seems to be going around then. LOTS of Fed 210's to be had. NO FED 210 Match's at all. Loaded 100 of my last 102 a few days ago. Already testing the 210's (several bricks of these) with varying powder weights to find that "unicorn node" again.

Good luck to all in their search

Snipe

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by Londerko View Post
    I just called Lohman Arms....
    They ARE back ordered.
    Their website is very misleading
    i called this morning as soon as they opened and the guy said they didnt have any and havent had any and dont expect any any time soon and he had 60 voice mails about them LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by pitsnipe View Post
    Have a few hundred (I know not much) and haven't used them in years as couldn't match them with the rest of any recipe. PM if interested.

Snipe
    PM sent.

Basic Member
    Before you totally throw in the towel and start all over with your reloads, I would suggest that you get your hands on every different primer you can and load up 5 rounds each of your favorite formula and take them to the range for testing. I've been pleasantly surprised to discover that my "go to" primer wasn't always the only one that would work. A couple of times I've tested CCI #34's as alternatives, and they've worked beautifully! I'm convinced that there's equal parts of magic and science in the whole reloading scenario, and I've been reloading for 55 years!
    Last edited by mikein; 02-24-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Basic Member
    Seems to be going around then. LOTS of Fed 210's to be had. NO FED 210 Match's at all. Loaded 100 of my last 102 a few days ago. Already testing the 210's (several bricks of these) with varying powder weights to find that "unicorn node" again.

Snipe
    Use the 210s just like the 210M. You will get same velocity and accuracy. I tested them against each other years back and no difference. If you can only get 210s then get them and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
    Use the 210's just like the 210M. You will get same velocity and accuracy. I tested them against each other years back and no difference. If you can only get 210's then get them and use them.
    Good to know!

Vanilla Gorilla
    I actually have been doing some looking myself and saw that people were using CCI BR2 primers since they couldn't get the 210M primers. So saw that Midway had no HAZMAT fees on CCI primers i went ahead and stocked up on some primers and also got some of the BR2 primers. I am hoping that the are comparable to the federal 210M's.

Snipe
    Same here now that I'm out of BR-2"s. So far, haven't found any loads with the 200's that come close to the BR-2"s.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
    Use the 210s just like the 210M. You will get same velocity and accuracy. I tested them against each other years back and no difference. If you can only get 210s then get them and use them.
    +1
    While there is a very slight difference between the regular and match primers. For me at least, the difference was so very little as far as groups go it didn't matter. I have shot some very nice groups with regular primers. Maybe there is a significant difference with a world class shooter, but that I am not.

"Pitsnipe" is a life saver. I got BR-2's from him to keep me going for a little while.

I have used the Russian Wolf Primers and found them to equal the accuracy of the Federals. The CCI's BR2 are not worth the money.
    Savage Target custom 204 Ruger McGowen Barrel 1-11 //Savagel Target custom 223 Rem McGowen Barrel 1-9//Savage Model 16 22-250AI McGowen 1-9