Thread: Will a staggered Feed fit?

Basic Member

Will a staggered Feed fit?

Will a 110 staggered feed blind mag (Internal) fit into a stock made for a 110 center feed (Internal)?

You will probably have to do some mods in the mag well but it should be doable.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    Screw spacing is the key. My 10 Short action is a blind/staggered with 4.27 screw spacing. I find that stock options are limited. A Bell and Carlson 2999 works.

110 means it should be a long action. Screw spacing is the same on all long actions.

Should fit fine. Mod would be needed to use a centerfeed setup in a stagger feed stock.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    110 means it should be a long action. Screw spacing is the same on all long actions.

Should fit fine. Mod would be needed to use a centerfeed setup in a stagger feed stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    You will probably have to do some mods in the mag well but it should be doable.
    This.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by idunham View Post
    Will a 110 staggered feed blind mag (Internal) fit into a stock made for a 110 center feed (Internal)?
    Oops.
    Last edited by wbm; 03-06-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Yes. Have done a couple of conversions. You can either cut a notch for the center feed magazine clip in the stagger feed stock....I used a Dremel tool...or fit the center feed magazine in the stagger feed stock so that it is set at the correct height for proper feeding....this takes a bit more work and results in a "semi permanent" alteration....I did not like it nearly as well as cutting the notch in the stock. Had a "How To" with pics on the forum at one time but it is long gone....just tinker with it a bit and you will figure out the best way for you.
    I think he's going the other way. Putting a stagger feed in a centerfeed stock. It already has the notch that won't be needed.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Yep. I think so too.....thanks for the heads up.

Basic Member
    You will need to lengthen the front of the magwell area in the stock. It's easy to do with some wood chisel's and a Dremel tool. I used a Boyd's centerfeed stock on my 110 staggered feed action when I built my 6.5-06.

You can see the amount of stock material that will need to be removed in this picture-

Here's a picture of the stock after I fixed it-