Thread: Savage 12 FV .308 Choate Tac stock

Basic Member

Savage 12 FV .308 Choate Tac stock

The stock was just delivered today. Doesn't compare to a lot of the rifles seen here but it's a start. Ironsighter base is very thick may change the Burris rings to Med. Vortex Crossfire 2 6-24x50

Basic Member
    Nice looking rig!!
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

Team Savage
    Outstanding, looks great

Basic Member
    Thanks. I had it out yesterday getting used to the stock. Felt like a new rifle, well worth the small investment.

Basic Member
    sweet gun. Ive been debating between that stock and a Bell and Carlson, how much did you pick that one up for if you dont mind me asking?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    sweet gun. Ive been debating between that stock and a Bell and Carlson, how much did you pick that one up for if you dont mind me asking?
    $200

Basic Member
    That's a nice looking rifle. I like the Choate stocks. They make a heck of a good product that the working man can afford, good folks to boot.

Big Boom
    Hey guys, i have the same rifle.
    Can anyone enlighten me on what stock i need and detatch mag accessories to buy?

Ive had mine bolted on to a model 10 FCP-K for the past 3 yrs. Hands down, the stock fits me perfectly. I like it better than my HS Precision stock. The only thing I did to the stock was to bed the recoil lug. Its solid as a rock. Im hitting 4" clay pigeons with that rig. Handing out humble pie (quietly) to fellow long range shooters who spent twice as much.
    Rig looks sharp!
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Ive had mine bolted on to a model 10 FCP-K for the past 3 yrs. Hands down, the stock fits me perfectly. I like it better than my HS Precision stock. The only thing I did to the stock was to bed the recoil lug. Its solid as a rock. Im hitting 4" clay pigeons with that rig. Handing out humble pie (quietly) to fellow long range shooters who spent twice as much.
    Rig looks sharp!
    FYI...the front rifle sling lug where the bipod attaches has a tendency of walking forward on you due to the design of the adjustable slide it sits on.. Keep an eye on it. After about 40 rounds I noticed mine started walking forward. I torqued mine just a tad bit tighter
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    Rig looks sharp!
    FYI...the front rifle sling lug where the bipod attaches has a tendency of walking forward on you due to the design of the adjustable slide it sits on.. Keep an eye on it. After about 40 rounds I noticed mine started walking forward. I torqued mine just a tad bit tighter

I have not had any issue with the bipod moving but I do have a tendency to tighten things firmly.

Basic Member
    https://youtu.be/8f5mkHb4D7s A short video of a buddy shooting my rifle with my Christmas gift (Witt Brake). My guess is the brake reduces recoil by about half.

One of my better groups shot at 100 yards.

46.5 gr BLC-2 Hornady 168 gr BTHP 4 shots 2.800 OAL

Basic Member
    I just returned a Choate sporter style stock back to Midway. Worse than factory in my opinion. Haven't used their higher end models.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    I just returned a Choate sporter style stock back to Midway. Worse than factory in my opinion. Haven't used their higher end models.
    That sucks. This is the only Choate stock I have and find it far better than the factory stock.

Basic Member
    I've got 5 of the Choate Tactical stocks. They aren't the prettiest girl at the dance,but they work very well.

Basic Member
    Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    What factory model/stock do you have? What made it worse?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.