Thread: Tupperware stock difference

Basic Member

Tupperware stock difference

Didn't know if this should go here or the Axis forum. Anyway, after some research, I didn't find much info. I am considering the model 12fv due to the new Savage rebate, and assume the stock is somewhat better/heavier/more stiff than the Axis tupperware stock. I have read threads on how to stiffen the Axis stock, but can't determine if it will be needed for the model 12 stock. Would like to use and be happy with the model 12 stock(although I much prefer wood), and put my savings into the glass. Personal experience please?

Basic Member
    I've shot the model 10P w/ original Tupperware and in a bell and Carlson M40 aluminum bedded stock. I've seen no difference in accuracy. Here is a pic of my first outing in plastic Tupperware... The first group was me trying to find my bearings.

Team Savage
    That's been my experience as well. I have had my model 11 (.308) and my model 10 (7.62x39) both in Accustocks and in Tupperware and could see no difference in accuracy. They both shoot sub-MOA with either stock (easily). So since they are hunting rifles, they both now wear Tupperware to save the weight. The Accustock by itself is 1/2 lb. heavier than the Tupperware stock, but when you factor in the bottom metal required for the Accustock, the difference is actually 1.25 lbs. - quite significant.

For example, my Savage model 10 "Scout" originally weighed 7.25 lbs. without a scope and with the Accustock and bottom metal. When I replaced that with the Tupperware stock and Axis-style magazine cap, that brought the weight down to just 6 lbs. Now it's 1/2 lb. lighter SCOPED than it was originally, with just iron sights.

The Accustock and bottom metal feel solid and function very smoothly, and if I didn't carry my rifles much, I'd have left them on there for that reason. But for me at least, there was no real-world difference in accuracy that I could tell.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the replies. The Accustock is not in the picture since the model 12 does not have it. I was more concerned with the standard tupperware on the 10-11-12(assuming these are are the same) compared to the Axis. I am pretty sure they are different, but maybe I am incorrect. I have handled a model 11 tupperware stock, but didn't have an Axis in front of me to compare.

Team Savage
    Models 10-11 and 12 can be found with Accustocks. The Axis stock is not interchangeable with any of the 10/11/12's, but it is of comparable build. If you find the Axis stock to be too flexible, chances are you'll feel the same way about the Tupperware stock. I have zero problems with this myself however, and continue to shoot sub-3" groups at 300 yards with my model 11 .308 and it's flexible but super lightweight Tupperware stock.