Thread: McGowen barrel shipped

Basic Member

McGowen barrel shipped

About two months ago I ordered a barrel from McGowen. It's a 30", stainless in 220 Swift with a 5-groove, 7.7" twist rifling. I was told it be every minute of 4 months. Well, I got a shipping notice that it's on its way. Classic example of under promise, over deliver.

I'm really curious to see how the 7.7 twist, 5-groove barrel works. It's the only caliber (.224) that McGowen offers in an odd number of rifling grooves (5) or fractional rifling rate (7.7).

Good to know. I've only ordered prefits from them and only the ones they had in stock. Great flexibility. Cut and recrowned the barrel to my specs and I still had it within 10 days. Working on a custom barrel order in 260 Rem for a lightweight sporter rifle.

Basic Member
    Snow storm has delayed my McGowen barrel...its stuck in Iowa.

(QUOTE=AbitNutz;353060) Snow storm has delayed my McGowen barrel...its stuck in Iowa.[/QUOTE] That's a bummer. Any up date on deliver now?
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    I got it...looks sweet. It's a 5-groove 7.7 twist .224. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but as soon as the weather lets me it's off to the range.