Thread: Sinarms / KP Barrel Review & Advice

AggieMPH2005

Sinarms / KP Barrel Review & Advice

I am interested in upgrading the barrel in my 7mm Rem Mag. I have a few questions I was hoping you all could help me out with. The rifle is a smooth barrel nut with bottom bolt release, I assume I can order the standard shank size, is that correct?

Also any suggestions on the contour? The choices are Sporter, Varmint, Magnum, and Bull. Do I have to order the magnum contour since it is a magnum cartridge? I am planning on 24 inches and to have it threaded 5/8 x 24 so I can suppress it or brake it at some point later if I need to. I am open to suggestions though.

I was going to email or call someone there today to ask, but I couldn't find their contact information online.

The intended purpose of the rifle is for combination elk / deer hunts. I upgraded the stock with a B&C medalist from Redhawk rifles and have a Rifle Basix Sav-1 Trigger being installed in it right now. I plan on taking it to Montana in November for a whitetail deer / elk hunt and possibly a cow elk hunt in December in New Mexico.

Anyone have any experience with the Sinarms K&P barrel option they would like to share?

Devin's work is top notch. Sin Arms is an excellent choice.

You can get it in any contour you are willing to carry. I have a 338 RUM with a sporter barrel, and a 7mm-08 with a 30" varmint barrel. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

Being an elk/deer rifle, you probably want to carry it a bit. I'd go a little on the lighter side and get the Magnum contour.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

AggieMPH2005
    Thanks for the response geargrinder. This is definitley a rifle I will be carrying.