Thread: 110 fcp hs scope ring question

ironworker417

110 fcp hs scope ring question

just ordered my new 110fcp hs precision in a 300 win mag for my new long range rifle but im having trouble figuring out the ring height I need. I am using a burris xtr II 5x25x50 scope with badger ordinance 20 moa rail and badger ordinance rings I just don't know what height I will need. any help would be appreciated

I would guess high. I had a 3x16x44 on my 110 with Leopold 1 piece base with medium rings and it barely clears the barrel.

Here is a good article:

http://www.opticstalk.com/how-to-det...topic5946.html. The example they use is with Badger Ordnance bases and rings, although your base is closer to 8mm in height.

You will be fine with BO Medium rings with a little room to spare. BO standards might work but might be too low if you are running lens covers.

Basic Member
    I had 2 setups on mine, both with a Viper PST 6-24x50mm.

1) NF 20 MOA base w/ Seekins .087" rings... left a little too much room between the bottom of the bell and top of the barrel for my liking.
    2) Ken Farrel 20 MOA base w/ KF low rings... was the perfect height as far as I was concerned. Enough room to allow the caps clear the top of the barrel, but low enough to ensure a good sight picture.

Keep in mind that the KF bases are machined slightly higher than comparable bases to allow for more room around the ejection port. I suspect the low rings would be too low with a different base. For reference:

With setup #1:

With setup #2:
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

ironworker417
    Thanks for the help guys I guess I have to call and change the order because I went with medium high and badger ordinance says there 1.25 inches