Thread: Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 questions

Basic Member

Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 questions

From what I'm reading is there may be mounting issues with the large ocular bell and magnification adjuster ring. Have any of you used one on a savage short action?

Basic Member
    I've got one, but it's not mounted yet, it's going on my 10/22 with a Volquartsen cantilever rail. I haven't tried it on a Savage, but I might be able help. The ring is large, about 1.7" in diameter, but the biggest issue I've seen so far with it is the long eye relief, It's got to be mounted farther forward than normal, that's why I picked up the cantilever rail.

Basic Member
    Well try to mount it really quick using medium rings

Basic Member
    I'm not going to take a scope off one of my rifles to try and make this scope fit. I generally don't use 1" rings so I don't have any that would work anyway, which wouldn't matter since every manufacturer's "medium rings" are a different height and you may not have the same rings.

I can tell you that if you want to mount it with the power ring low and behind the rail, the rings need a space of at least .19" between the tube and the rail, and the rail needs to be no longer than 6", the Weaver short action rail will work, my EGW with the extension over the barrel nut will not. However this may put the scope too far back considering the long eye relief.

Instead, I would use the lowest rail you can find and use rings that will put the power ring above the rail so you can move it forward. For that you will need at least .35" gap between the tube and the rail. I'd use the 1" Burris Signature Zee High rings. they will leave about .05" between the rail and the power ring.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/973...t-action-matte
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/416...er-style-rings