well our comp season starts the end of this month...600yd F-class match on the 20th and a long range varmint practice on the 27th and then goes into full swing next month...i think this year im going to stick to the long range varmint and 1000yd F-class matches...id like to shoot some of the PRS matches but i just dont think thats going to happen this year as i dont have a reliable repeater...YET...but i am going to build one hopefully this year.

i havent shot my comp rifle in about 2-1/2 months and have made a few changes to it since i last shot it in November so i thought better get some trigger time and see what effects the changes had...i also am about out of the lot of the berger hybrids i was shooting and needed to check the new lot against the old lot as the new lot has .013 less bearing surface and seats .006 longer before touching the lands.

the other changes are a new SSS comp trigger...some work to the inside of the bolt body to remove a few small burrs around the cocking piece and ramp area and i radius'd the firing pin.....

first 8 rounds at 100yds to check the POI between the old lot and the new lot...and just an FYI...this was one of my better days and normally changes dont work out like this for me LOL....and i only shot 4 each because if the new lot needed some adjusting i still had 70 bullets left from the old lot for the 600yd match...

and the primers...prior to radiusing the firing pin i was getting some cratering and blanking as i run a little higher pressures...the pin is set to .019 protrusion now....crappy cell phone pic but there is no cratering or blanking now...