It has not been resolved as if this point, but USPS MO are not fool proof either. I usually send my money order certified mail and have not had issues, until now. I sent a letter with a MO in it to Walnut Creek. It left the Oakland facility at 7:56pm for delivery. It is stuck in the system as such since Jan 15th. I have filed a complaint with the Consumer Affairs dept of the Post Office. The local Post office is useless and gave me a phone number to call. So far I have had no luck but have found out that I will have to pay a $10.00 fee, to find out if it has or has not been cashed, the money order that is. Then if it has not been cashed, for a $6.10 fee they will send me a new MO for the $31.00..That THEY lost. There is no way to talk to someone in person about this, ou have to call that number and they call you back...if at all. As of this writing I can do nothing because it in in the system as being in transit to be delivered. No one can tell me how long before they will admit that it has been lost. And if they do say its lost, I still have to pay them even if it is their fault it is lost.

I wil go back to PayPal and eat the 4% rather than deal with the Post office... YMMV
if this is in the wrong place , please delete or put it where it should be..

Robert Hohman