Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once in a lifetime build. for me anyway. (lots of pics)

Banned

Well, the EGW mount, (or rail, rather), is just that. The MDT TAC21 I have, is a full billet aluminum chassis. It comes in 3 pieces, and is built around the action. The action only touches a few points, and the barrel is fully free floating.

Basic Member
    Glad you shared your success. I saw your other post that they have it in LA. I was thinking of a 300 win mag or 270 win build from your inspiration.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shagerott View Post
    Glad you shared your success. I saw your other post that they have it in LA. I was thinking of a 300 win mag or 270 win build from your inspiration.
    Yes, they do. I wasn't sure which one I was going to get at first. Got lucky on finding a cheap SA. Either one would be good. But honestly, if your looking LA, I would look into doing a 6.5mm-284. Or 7mm Magnum. The 7mm with a 180gr bthp, will destroy the 300 win mag, with anything under 210gr slugs. And much less recoil to boot! But the way I see it is the 260 Rem will get me out to 1300-1400yds with some decent accuracy-and I use a lit less powder! The 6.5-284 will touch even further. If I could redo it.. I would likely go 6mm.

Basic Member
    Wow great job. Please have a great time at the range.

Basic Member
    Nice job. Where do you get to stretch the legs of that in the philly area?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by originaljk View Post
    Nice job. Where do you get to stretch the legs of that in the philly area?

Haha...ya don't! I'm a member of Delco field & stream, so it will get play on 100 yards to work up some reloads. There are some medium ranges(600yds) within 45mins-an hour away. But the only 1000yd ranges I can find are way west Pennsylvania. Harrisburg and further. And looks like you must be a member at each one. I miss my Arizona desert! Oh well. I'll be visiting a good friend in AZ, come autumn, and I'm taking the rifle out there. So, it will get a nice workout then. Until that, my search will continue.

Banned
    Little update pic guys! I received the replacement bolt handle from Gladesarmory.com Was dealing with Kevin down there in Miami. I purchased the original a few months ago, but haven't even used it(duh, just got it put together a week ago). It's been on the bolt since I got it. I cycled the action many times, and put it on the shelf. And there it's been, until last week, when I built the rifle. I find a chunk of steel missing from the handle. It had to be a void in the casting. Kevin apologized for the problem, and agreed with me, after looking at the picture I sent them. Keven didn't give me any hassle at all, and sent out a new handle w/knob. He even offered another handle in stainless, to make up for the problem. I told him no thanks. I only wanted what I paid for. I was happy with that. So +1 to Keven at Glades Armory for, not only the best tactical bolt handle made, but also standing behind his product, his word & great service.

That looks awesome!

Nice rifle

congrats !

Basic Member
    That is pretty awesome. Groundhog beware.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks guys. I hope this was entertaining for those who have followed along. I appreciate all of the feedback. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to see its performance.(although, I have no doubt that it will be incredibly accurate...Much better than me, I'm sure). I will be working up a load beforehand. And I have started with once fired, Lake City 7.62x51 cases. These require resizing down to (6.5mm, then fired before they will "give up the ghost", so to speak. It's quite a bit of work, but as I'm disabled, I have time. But I am slow, and require many breaks, or even many days at a time I can not do anything due to pain. I am also juggling my hobby of custom knife making, so it's even slower now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12