Thread: A New SavageShooters Shoot!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A New SavageShooters Shoot!

Attention SavageShooters! Our friend and fellow forum member, Rosco, has used his connections at the fantastic Rockcastle Shooting Center in picturesque Park City, Kentucky, to reserve some range time this spring for a SavageShooters Shoot! Rosco has enlisted my help in gauging interest from the rest of the population. (For more about my adventure at Rock Castle, click here).

The plans are tentative so far, but the dates will be April 2-3, 2016. The shooting will mainly be informal shooting on steel at ranges out to 1000 yards. There may be some fun competitions as well depending on what we can come up with. The location will be Rockcastle’s long range, which is quite rustic in its amenities with no shelter or modern restrooms, and there is only one bench. People needing any of those will need to bring their own. Except the bathroom, I mean. There is typically a porta-potty and many, many backs of trees.

Accommodations include the on site hotel at Park Mammoth Resort and several local establishments. Camping may also be available at nearby locations for those wishing to bring their room with them. Food plans are also tentative. A cookout lunch might be in the cards, but brown bagging it is the backup plan. The nearest restaurants are a few miles away.

Range fees for shooters who aren’t members of Rockcastle Shooting Center will be $40 per day. Depending on the number of shooters and how much steel we’ll need to rustle up, we may need to recruit some gongs as well.

But this thread is primarily to gauge interest and get a feel for how many shooters we’re likely to field on the days in question. We’ll ask for confirmed attendees soon. I’ll be making the trip down from Michigan, so I know it’s a hike, but it’ll be a good chance to meet some like-minded Savage fans and stretch your rifles’ legs after a long winter.

Any interest?
    Last edited by DrThunder88; 02-02-2016 at 12:43 PM.