Thread: Calling all Coyote hunters!

Calling all Coyote hunters!

Associated Press report

RYE, N.Y.

A coyote has attacked a 3-year-old girl playing in her backyard in suburban New York, the second coyote attack on a child in the same suburb within four days.

Rye Mayor Doug French says the 3-year-old was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after the Tuesday night attack. The girl's house is behind the Rye Nature Center, which is located on a 47-acre wildlife preserve.

The latest attack occurred as Rye Police Commissioner William Connors was addressing a group of residents about the last coyote attack.

On Friday, two coyotes attacked a 6-year-old girl in her front yard. She was treated for scratches and bites at a hospital and released.

The two attacks happened about 1.5 miles apart.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

jlcpls

Re: Calling all Coyote hunters!

Maybe one of them yankees will chime in, but the way I understand it, NY has regular closed seasons on Coyote.

protecting them and all...

cause they aren't that much of a problem....

davemuzz

When will these do-goodies animal kiss-em-on-the-lips idiots figure out that when we start to shoot 'em (the coyotes), they will no longer attack us....and figure out that we are the top of the food chain!!!

jlcpls

Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz
    When will these do-goodies animal kiss-em-on-the-lips idiots figure out that when we start to shoot 'em (the coyotes), they will no longer attack us....and figure out that we are the top of the food chain!!!
    Good thing you put the term in parenthesis.

For a minute there I thought you were advocating shooting "do-goodies animal kiss-em-on-the-lips idiots" and I was about to go to my truck.... :D

davemuzz

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz
    Good thing you put the term in parenthesis.

For a minute there I thought you were advocating shooting "do-goodies animal kiss-em-on-the-lips idiots" and I was about to go to my truck.... :D
    Well......I put those parenthesis in.....then took 'em back out....then put 'em back in.....then I hit post before I changed my mind again. I figured if some "do-goodies animal kiss-em-on-the-lips idiots" got shot......I'd end up in court over it. And darn it......if I'm gonna end up in court over something like that.....why let someone else have all the fun! ;D :D

Dave

Yonkers Cop Fires at Coyote
    Updated: Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
    Published : Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 6:10 PM EDT

Reported by CHARLES LEAF

MYFOXNY.COM - An off-duty Yonkers cop spotted a coyote in Kinsley Park at the intersection of Chase and Park avenues early Friday. He called the precinct, and within minutes a sergeant arrived.

Sgt. Bryant Pappas spotted the animal and took a shot, but missed. The coyote ran right at the sergeant, who fired again, police said. This time, the coyote appeared to be hit, but ran away.

The commotion work up some residents in the area, who are acutely aware of recent coyote attacks in Westchester.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

shaman

I think the 5 S's would apply here. Sub-sonic shoot, shovel, and shut up.

wrvet05

i believe the 5 S rules should apply to the wolf populations too

Uncle Jack

Here in Montana we only have 3 S rules. We don't know nothing bout no Sub-sonic.

uj

Tracer

Well it is a crying shame that so called "Animal Control" can't put a stop to those Song Dogs running around the area selecting kids to dine on for their meals!

I would indeed load my rifle and put a bunny or two in the backyard, get out my caller and put a sure fire stop to roaming yotes in my area!!!

Basic Member

In places like that, I wonder if it is time to feed some 'yotes some hamburger, with the "special" green sauce?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

showgun

This should be interesting... A bunch of yuppie NYPD piggies doing drive by's on coyotes... I'll start watching the new again.

helotaxi

I would like to think that this kind of thing would inject at least a small dose of reality into the libtards up there...but even after several hundred years genetic sheep haven't figured out that there are predators out there that won't think twice about ending them. Genetic sheep, stupid as they are, at least didn't make the conscious choice to be blissfully ignorant to the harsh reality of the world.