Thread: Looks Like Savage Buckled To PC

Looks Like Savage Buckled To PC

Yes Savage has done away with the Indian as there logo, way to go. Hey just a heads up corporate, you obviously don't know who your demographics are so you might want your marketing dept to brush up a bit, Not impressed in fact very disappointing.

Signed
    Your Bread and Butter

PS: Yes I called the logo an Indian, Oh They Humanities.

PPS:The Savage Arms Co. was founded by ARTHUR SAVAGE - In Utica N.Y. in 1892.
    Last edited by scope eye; 01-29-2016 at 03:47 AM.
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

WOW! I didn't hear about that. Not sure what they think they will gain by losing it. Nobody does or doesn't buy a Savage because of a sticker. It could have a pink pony and I would just remove it and have a sweet shooting rifle at a reasonable cost!
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    They haven't taken it off the website yet. bunch of baby's that get butt hurt to easy anymore.

Basic Member

Thumbs Down

IMO sad to see they're going in that direction - I personally never had a problem with their logo and keep them on the rifles even if I could peel them off.

Just checked the web site and the new logo isn't great at all two thumbs down

Now that Savage is owned by a conglomerate rather than the Savage family, let's hope quality doesn't go down hill like it did when Remington acquired Marlin. Everyone now looks for the older "JM" stamped rifles because they're better quality than the crap Remington turns out now.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    They changed the logo on the full site but not the mobile site. Looks awfully uninspired.

Basic Member
    That new logo is kind of sad, if their going to change logos at least design something interesting.

Basic Member
    Those stickers that come on the stocks just became a whole lot more valuable.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Will I ever buy a Savage rifle with the new logo? No. Do I think that Savage really cares whether I buy another one of their rifles or not? No.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Will I ever buy a Savage rifle with the new logo? No. Do I think that Savage really cares whether I buy another one of their rifles or not? No.
    Interesting question. Will we continue to support companies and people, who refuse to cave in or who do cave in to political correctness?
    I agree they probably wouldnt care at this point. The decision has been made and the sparks created will soon fade away is no doubt what their thinking.
    Maybe old Arthur would rather have a savage looking pink pony logo anyway in light of our current enviornment?
    Id rather think he would fire the s o b who even dared bring that subject up.

There are a lot of good choices out there now, I am not saying I am going to Boycott them. I am just not going to be as loyal I was if at all, and just like anything else there is enough aftermarket support, that one would do just fine without them if they were so inclined.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Funny, I thought I mentioned this and gave my two cents on it in the article I posted on the homepage last week about all the new models for 2016. Apparently nobody pays any attention to the homepage anymore.

And if you didn't notice at the top of this page, Savage Arms has abandoned the old Indian head logo in favor of this new design. Given all the politically correct nonsense surrounding the Washington Redskins and other uses of Native American related names, logos and mascots it was just a matter of time before Savage did this. It's sad to see it go, but this is the times we live in and I really can't blame Savage for playing it safe rather than waiting for some Civil Rights group to serve them with a lawsuit claiming it's derogatory. Never mind that the Chief Lame Bear personally gave Savage Arms permission to use his effigy as their logo in trade for a discounted price on rifles for members of his tribe - that wouldn't matter in today's ridiculous world.
    And yes, the new logo is very boring and unappealing.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    For the love of political correctness; that is a terrible looking logo they designed... I think I'm done lol I'll just build on old actions if I need another "S" rifle.

Basic Member
    My 2 cents - keep the logo - change the name

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    Now that Savage is owned by a conglomerate rather than the Savage family, let's hope quality doesn't go down hill like it did when Remington acquired Marlin. Everyone now looks for the older "JM" stamped rifles because they're better quality than the crap Remington turns out now.
    That's a bit different. Marlin sold out to an investment group, Cerberus. Cerberus is classic investment groups who "extract" any possible value at the expense of the brand/name/quality. Cerberus stuffed Marlin under the Remington banner.
    Savage sold to Defense Contractor ATK. For those of us who have been dealing with Savage for decades, the QC has NEVER been consistent. They haven't improved or declined. I'm not sure if Savage got spun-off into the private shooting group the same as Speer or not. If they are still under ATK, don't expect anything. If they are private, expect but don't hold your breath. Speer now that they aren't Federal's bi%ch for factory ammo, are currently redesigning bullets and currently pressure testing for a new manual.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Maybe if they still made the 99 I would see it as a terrible travesty, but I'd still be overreacting.

The ultramodern S is a bit out of place compared to the recent addition of smooth barrel nuts and bottom bolt releases, which seem to be affecting "classic" aesthetics. I like the new logo's simplicity, but its banal and non-specific design leave a lot to be desired. If it were something more striking and memorable, I could see it as a decent replacement, but this one is a stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by chukarmandoo View Post
    My 2 cents - keep the logo - change the name
    Not a bad idea...maybe use the new logo for newer products and the old one for 10/110 rifles.

Basic Member
    I wish they would have enlisted the consumer to redesign the logo. Maybe have a submission contest with the winner being awarded a nice rifle for their efforts...

Doesn't appear much effort went into it does it? Savage has a lot of history to draw from and that's the best they could come up with? Jeez that's poor marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Russmerle View Post
    I wish they would have enlisted the consumer to redesign the logo. Maybe have a submission contest with the winner being awarded a nice rifle for their efforts...
    I don't think that would have forestalled the tempest in a teapot about PC gone mad.

The only positive I can see about this new logo is that if they decide to go back, it may draw some publicity from media outlets outside the gun community. Unlike some other Native American logo hullabaloos, Savage is undoubtedly in the right to use it.

Basic Member
    I understand why Savage chose to go with a different logo. It's much cheaper to change the logo than to defend yourself in both civil court and the court of public opinion. The very loud vocal minority would have no problem suing Savage on the basis of be rascist and the fact that savage produces "sniper rifles". Those mouth breathing knuckle draggers shouldn't have a quorum with the firearms industry since they know nothing about them or much anything else outside the tumbler world. I feel calling them fascists is insulting to actual fascists.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    And yes, the new logo is very boring and unappealing.

Agreed, in fact it is terrible.
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    Missed this earlier. Savage hasn't been family owned since 1905 when Arthur Savage sold out and move to California to grow oranges and later make car tires.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Missed this earlier. Savage hasn't been family owned since 1905 when Arthur Savage sold out and move to California to grow oranges and later make car tires.
    I stand corrected..........
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67