Hello. New member here. I've been shooting rim fire savages for years. First one being a .17HMR that I got in the mid 2000's. Added two Youth model MK IIs to teach the kids on. I'm a self confessed rim fire junky, started on Ruger rimfires as a kid, we have 7 rimfires in our collection.

I picked up a Model 11 Trophy Hunter in .308 last weekend. Big fan of the accutrigger on my rimfires and love the idea of being able to swap barrels at home. Add on the fact that it comes with a decent quality Nikon and SOLD! Much more impressed with the Nikon than most packaged scopes.

Its going to be mostly a deer rifle, but I'm also interested in seeing how she will group in mostly stock form.

First thing I want to do is swap out the two piece scope mounts for a single piece rail and upgrade the rings. Keeping the Nikon for now, may or may not upgrade later.

Going to see how the stock reacts, I may end up re-enforcing it later. Originally had plans to toss on a wooden stock but found out that I would have to invest in new hardware for the magazine well. I'll probably still do it eventually. I like classic looking rifles so no thumb-holes.