Thread: Video of loading with L.E.Wilson dies

Video of loading with L.E.Wilson dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxn9XOHxi3I

Take it easy on me guys,, it's my first video ever and I had one of my daughter's filming it. I tried several times before this one and my voice sounded rather weird so I had to give a little fake accent,,LOL
    Last edited by DanSavage; 01-30-2016 at 01:33 AM.
    There really is an excuse for everything!

There's at least one BR guy at one of the ranges near me with all his reloading equipment at the bench, including arbor press and L.E. Wilson dies, but I've paid attention to him using them. Thanks!

LongRange
    Dan are you really from the Tri-county area or did i detect a Cajun accent with a hint of Russian??

J/K LOL!!...in the summer if doing load development ill primer several cases and take my wilson seater,arbor press,digital scale,bullets and powder with me and fine tune loads right where i shoot...i also seat all of my match rounds with the wilson die because the seating depths are always dead on.

thanks for the video it reminded me i need to build a range box and since its snowing right now and supposed to snow tomorrow i think ill get on it when lowes opens in a couple of hours.

I don't know what I was doing but I get all crackly on camera so I had to mask it some how. LOL I swear the bushing die gives very very low run out, ussually after 4-5 firing's I use a Redding body.

For .308 and .223 I used the Lee collet die's and Redding competition seating dies, they work really well too.

LongRange
    i have the same dies and like them all though i did have to order the VLD seater plug for my redding comp seater as the standard plug was sticking to the bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    Dan are you really from the Tri-county area or did i detect a Cajun accent with a hint of Russian??
    Russian cajun! I love it.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

I live about 7 hours drive from N.Y. city and they have a really strong N.Y.city accent. Folks around here are totally different sounding,,, they probably call us hillbillies.LOL

I've only been to the big city once when I was young, may go back some day to check it out again but I am one who can not tolerate traffic jam's and stuff like that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
    I live about 7 hours drive from N.Y. city and they have a really strong N.Y.city accent. Folks around here are totally different sounding,,, they probably call us hillbillies.LOL

I've only been to the big city once when I was young, may go back some day to check it out again but I am one who can not tolerate traffic jam's and stuff like that.

When I went into the Army in 1967 I made a discovery about the guys from NY. The guys from the city didn't have drivers licenses, couldn't drive, and had no knowledge of animals. The guys from upstate NY were just like us, farm boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    When I went into the Army in 1967 I made a discovery about the guys from NY. The guys from the city didn't have drivers licenses, couldn't drive, and had no knowledge of animals. The guys from upstate NY were just like us, farm boys.

That's right!

BW64
    Same with Pa boys! :)

BW

Quote Originally Posted by BW64 View Post
    Same with Pa boys! :)

BW
    P.A. boy's too,, I know quite a few guys where I shoot at Towanda P.A. match's, about 1 1/2 hours south of me.

bdz65
    P.A. boy's too,, I know quite a few guys where I shoot at Towanda P.A. match's, about 1 1/2 hours south of me.
    Hey, I live in Towanda. I suppose you are talking about the rifle range up Bridge Street hill out of Towanda.

Quote Originally Posted by bdz65 View Post
    Hey, I live in Towanda. I suppose you are talking about the rifle range up Bridge Street hill out of Towanda.
    That is right bdz65,, I know Tony L, Bob C. John P. and Todd P. to name a few,, cant wait for the match's to start first Saturday in April 300 yards, their going to 500 yards ASAP.

If you don't shoot these match's stop over and visit, a lot of folks are shooting off the bench, or you can shoot tactical prone off the ground.

bdz65
    If you don't shoot these match's stop over and visit, a lot of folks are shooting off the bench, or you can shoot tactical prone off the ground.
    I was just there today doing load development with my 223 with H4895. I am considering trying one of the 300 yard shoots with my 308. Still waiting to get the 308 back from Savage and get to load development.

bdz65
    Where are you at in NY that is 1 1/2 hrs from Towanda?

Quote Originally Posted by bdz65 View Post
    Where are you at in NY that is 1 1/2 hrs from Towanda?
    Dansville N.Y.

I meet my buddy in Cohockton and we ride down together.

Until you brought it up, I totally forgot about that! My close friend in boot camp was from Manhattan. I helped him during rifle qualification because he had never handled a weapon before. That was sooooooo long ago in 1965.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67