Thread: Hornady ELD Match ammo

Vanilla Gorilla

Hornady ELD Match ammo

Anyone have any experience shooting this ammo? I am getting close to having my CM build done and can't seem to find any brass to build loads so of what's available this seems like it might be my best bet for factory ammo. I have tried to find reviews of this stuff but haven't had much luck.

Basic Member
    As new as it is, there may not be much feedback on it yet. I do know that the other Hornady 6.5CM ammo shoots well for many people and would expect the same out of this.

Kadams1563
    Reports I have seen are all positive. I bought 400 rounds of it so far so I hope it shoots well.

Vanilla Gorilla
    Kadams you have more courage than I do. I almost bought 200 rounds the other night but i just couldn't do it not knowing how well this ammo is gonna work. I ended up going to cabela's and getting 3 boxes though to get my rifle broke in and have some left over to see how well the rifle and ammo group. When you get out to shoot some of it please keep me posted on how it performs.

Kadams1563
    Well I have a training class coming up that requires 350 rounds so really had no choice. I haven't shot the rifle at all yet. I needed the brass anyway so I'll shoot all of it and then start reloading.

Basic Member
    Shot some the other day and it was near 1/2 MOA in my rifle. Definitely give it a try. I was getting 2825fps from my 27" barrel.

Vanilla Gorilla
    Cool Kadams let me know how it goes. Rob, I am glad to hear your results. I am currently putting together a rifle with a 28" barrel so hearing your results make me feel better about buying that ammo.

Basic Member
    Shot it again today. Here are a 100 and 300 yard target. I am very happy with the accuracy and velocity.

Vanilla Gorilla
    Nice shooting Rob! you are making me feel much better about this ammo. Thanks for sharing.

Basic Member
    Thanks. No problem as it makes me feel better too as that was the first I shot of that lot of ammo and I have 1000 rounds of it LOL