Thread: How to tell the difference

How to tell the difference

Picked up a used Mark II from my LGS yesterday. It was one of the package series which included a scope (3-9 x 32) Serial number 19445xx Unable to determine if it is the "FVXP" model or the "FXP" model. I know the "V" indicates Varmit, but what is the difference? Also, would like to purchase some additional magazines and a manual. Would appreciate any help as I am new to the Savage line of rifles.

You can download a manual from the Savage Arms website, you LGS did not have magazine's for sale, if not check Midway USA
    Using Tapatalk

mtnhighlander: Thank you for the download info. from the Savage Arms website. LGS did not have any magazines that would fit the Mark II. Will check with Midway USA. Appreciate the quick feedback.

Look up the serial number on the Savage Part Finder, it will tell you there which model your rifle is.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Hotolds442: Pulled up Savage Part Finder, entered the serial # and found out it is a Mark II-GXP. (Wood stock/combo package). Found out it is commonly sold at the big box stores like Dick's. Wanted something not expensive for plinking at the gun range, so for an entry level gun, think this will fit the bill. I am 74 years old and with the arthritis worsening, needed to ratchet back from the heavier calibers. Try to get out to the range weekly, so I confident I will get a lot of enjoyment with this little Savage. Always knew the Savage name, but have been a Colt revolver collector for over 40 years and never got into the .22 caliber arena. From my brief study on the internet, and with the support from members of this forum, I am becoming quite impressed with the Savage name. Appreciate all your support. It is greatly appreciated.
    Also, I drive an old big block Ford Bronco. I appreciate your screen name.