Thread: What Savage Models use the RB/RP 3-bolt Single Shot Target Action?

sparky123321

What Savage Models use the RB/RP 3-bolt Single Shot Target Action?

I'm thinking about buying a complete rifle for the Target Action and then selling off the stock and barrel. I already have a stock and barrel on order. It seems so tough to come by barrels and stocks these days I figured it could help someone else with their build. I know the F-Class uses the RB/RP 3-Bolt Target Action, but I was wondering if any other models use it as well. I've used the Single Shot LRPV action in the past, but I'd perfer the right port. I guess I'd be willing to go with the LRPV again, if I come across one for a really good price though. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

82boy

Re: What Savage Models use the RB/RP 3-bolt Single Shot Target Action?

The only other gun is the 12 benchrest.

IMO you would be better off buying an action from Northland. The barrels are large shank, and will only fit the target actions, and the stocks, well they are OK. To make your money back you would be in the price range of the aftermarket parts retailers prices.

I agree with Pat. Probably better in the long run and less hassle to just buy one off Northlander instead of buying a complete new gun and ripping it apart.

The only other option would be to look on different sites in their classifieds, till you find a used target gun with the action you want. You can pick up a used LRPV with a low round count for around 750 or so. The stocks are worth 225, and the barrel probably a tad less(depending on round count. So you'd end up with a target action for about $100-150 less than a new one.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

acasto

Sent you a PM Sparky

sparky123321

I just ran the numbers on a brand new F-Class: $1087 rifle + $22 shipping + $40 transfer = $1,150

Unfortunately, I'd have to get $350 for the barrel plus shipping and $300 for the Stock plus shipping just to almost break even on the action. Those prices really aren't bad for something that would be shipped within the next week to 10 days. The stock runs $380 from Savage and I believe a 30" Large Shank Savage barrel will run $350, if anyone had it in stock.