Thread: Article: New Savage Models for 2016

Article: New Savage Models for 2016

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I am interested to know how Savage is going about putting the magazines in these wood stocks. The photo appears to show a standard Axis mag, so do they have a plastic, Trophy Hunter-style magwell surround or does it just use forward and aft locking points like Boyds and SSS stocks?

Did they mention if the hardwood stocks will have pillars? I see the familiar top bolt release trigger guard but can't tell if it's steel or maybe plastic with one of those steel sleeves.

Basic Member
    I don't think because the Ruger Precision accepts P mags, has a folding stock and is more compatible with AR furniture is a comparison. The stock adjustment on the RPR is horrible and easily falls apart. (Yes I owned one in 308 and sold it as it would not group) I think the comparison should be settled on the range head to head. Just my opinion.

Basic Member
    I was at scheels sporting goods today in Iowa city Iowa. they had the savage stealth 110 ba in a 6.5 Creedmoor. $1099.00 . 20 inch barrel. I would want the 24. nice looking gun. all metal forearm. huge free float gaps. heavy. I think it looks like a great gun. I like the all metal . hope we get some reviews on how it shoots. martyd

redrumjoe
    Just Picked upa a 110ba stealth in 300 winmag. Looking foe a bipod and adaptor for the rail. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by redrumjoe View Post
    Just Picked upa a 110ba stealth in 300 winmag. Looking foe a bipod and adaptor for the rail. any suggestions?
    I thought the forend was M-LOK? Then again I thought it had a sling swivel too.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.