Im trying to get a handle on density altitude and how and why I enter it in to my ballistics program. I use strelock pro. Not the free one. The pro version seems pretty comprehensive. I think it is in the same ball park as jbm but slightly inferior in some ways. Either way it was and still is the best calculator that I can get on my android. I understand the relevance as far as getting the true "thickness, or thinness' of the air to shoot through and its effects on drop table via retained velocity. Now it gets into the numbers to be entered that makes me unsure of which ones to enter and which ones to tell it to use. I guess I am going to hope someone here is using this same program and can just tell me to punch in this and that and your good to go. But I will lay huge odds its not going to be that simple. There is one section that asks if you want to take current conditions in to account and you enter altitude, barometric pressure, temp. I dont know at this point if it uses any of that information to calculate density altitude? Because the altitude I enter is standard altitude. Then it will ask if I want it to get conditions from station condition. Now does this mean the numbers it receive at this point is going to be the corrected for Density altitude i.e. not sea level. And when it asks if I want it to calculate pressure based on altitude, is it expecting me to input the corrected station pressure altitude? If the signal is clear it can connect with station and get all vital information. But again I dont know if these numbers are already corrected or will the formula take them into account and correct come ups when calculating long shots.

I hope some one understood my questions.