Thread: Wal-Mart closing Stores

Wal-Mart closing Stores

With all the stores that Walmart is closing WHY NOT have a gun club or group of clubs take over a store and put in an indoor 100 yard range and gun store in one, have one or two fireing lanes just for testing bench rest ammo with NO WIND?????

Basic Member
    Buy one close to me

Basic Member
    Look at the property taxes alone. Then consider cheaply designed and built structures that have been maintained to the absolute minimum standards.

I like the premise of repurposing commercial property. But have serious doubts Wal-Mart properties are the answer.

That explains the closing of the stores that all had the same "plumbing problems" They were just the first domino's to fall. and did not want to admit the real reason why they were closing.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Form an LLC, obtain an FFL, get a business loan, and go for it! Actually, get a time machine, go back eight years, and then do those things I said. You might have earned enough by now to start franchising the idea.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    Form an LLC, obtain an FFL, get a business loan, and go for it! Actually, get a time machine, go back eight years, and then do those things I said. You might have earned enough by now to start franchising the idea.
    Sounds great, like most other buisness ideas. But the loan part just might be the first stumbeling block.
    But hey, with a bunch of deep pocketed Savage guys that shouldnt be much of an issue.
    Count me in for at least 50 bucks. lol

Well, that wouldn't be an LLC anyway, that would be an Inc!

We central FL guys already got a 100 yard indoor rifle range. Shooters World in Tampa on Fletcher is 100y indoor. If you go during the week like I do most of the time they don't boot me after my hour is up.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Sounds good.... Until you start adding up the price. Indoor ranges cost lots more to maintain than Outdoor ranges. You will have to have a bullet trap with lead mining capabilities, exhaust fans with filters and maybe intake fans as well. Zoning can be an issue.
    I own a gun shop and seriously considered an indoor range but soon found out that if I had the kind of money needed to start such a venture I would be much better off to invest said money, live off the interest and just go fishing everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by craigsoutdoorsports View Post
    Sounds good.... Until you start adding up the price. Indoor ranges cost lots more to maintain than Outdoor ranges. You will have to have a bullet trap with lead mining capabilities, exhaust fans with filters and maybe intake fans as well. Zoning can be an issue.
    I own a gun shop and seriously considered an indoor range but soon found out that if I had the kind of money needed to start such a venture I would be much better off to invest said money, live off the interest and just go fishing everyday!

Oh yeah it is a lot more expensive to shoot at the indoor range as well. $18 an hour if it is busy. I don't mine $18 to not have to deal with weather if I can shoot say three hours, but not for just one hour. by the time you shoot a group let your rifle cool and shoot. well hard to get more then a few groups in.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsoutdoorsports View Post
    Well trust me, fishin everyday can get to be like a job also, But i am going tomorrow, wanna go?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Well trust me, fishin everyday can get to be like a job also, But i am going tomorrow, wanna go?
    Ha! Wish I could but the shop calls! I have a few personal gun projects that I want to try and work on this week!

Basic Member
    Crappies been hot here lately. Good eatin!