Thread: Can a 110 stock be used on a 110C

25express

Can a 110 stock be used on a 110C

I had my 110C 270 rebuilt to a 6.5x284. Would like to put a different stock on it but seems to be no availability of 110C stocks. Will a 110 stock work? Going with the blind mag is fine with me. If I understand from what I've found on some of the other savages should be able to. If so can someone list the parts needed to do this.
    Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Screw spacing on all Savage long action stocks is 5.062" so any LA stagger feed stock should fit your 110.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

25express
    Does anyone know where to find the blind magazine parts for a 110. Seems everyone is sold out and no back order.

Did you try Savage Customer Service?
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

25express
    Going to call them tomorrow and see what they say

Staggered feed parts are becoming very hard to find these days as they've been out of production for over a decade now.

Long shot option (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is you could make due with your current parts with a little modification. The first 6 photos in THIS article show the old staggered feed detachable magazine system. If you remove the release button hardware from the right side of the mag well you should only need to do minor inletting to the stock for that assembly to slip in (basically have to widen the mag well a little). The next step would be removing the bottom plate from your detachable magazine so it's basically a housing with the spring and follower. The housing should snap into place in the part still attached to to the action.

Been quite a few years since I've played with a staggered feed detachable magazine gun so definitely verify before jumping in head first and doing anything that can't be easily undone.

The other possible option would be to get a centerfeed stock and get the newer centerfeed magazine housing, L-clip hanger and follower. IIRC a few guys on here have done this but I can't recall if it also required modifying the feed port in the bottom of the action or not. Hopefully one of them will chime in to clarify on that
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain