Thread: H-s precision + Cdi bottom Metal

H-s precision + Cdi bottom Metal

I am working on putting together my new build. I just got my HS precision back from CDI having it inlet for the dbm. Looks funny to me. Does anyone have a pic of this set up from the bottom? It is a Stevens 200. Thanks

Basic Member
    Ha ha funny, or queer funny?
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Seams like it is recessed really far in the bottom of the stock. I have been doing some Google searching and it seams like most people's are like that. Just wanted to see if anyone had some pics

[IMG]https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/947913fff6803491975f1c33f8991f6e.jpg[/IMG

I guess I was expecting a flush fit. Don't get me wrong the inletting that Cdi did is fantastic. The metal gets great!

The bottom metal has to be spaced a specific distance from the action, and that distance is determined by the type of magazine being used and the design of the bottom metal. This is the problem with all of the "one size fits all" approach of most aftermarket DBM bottom metals as the depth or thickness of the stock in the magazine area will vary from stock style to stock style. Most will either protrude or be recessed, and if the planets align properly and you sacrifice a virgin to the right God you may just luck out and get one that actually comes out flush like the factory bottom metal.

I'd be happy as being recessed looks a lot better than having part of the bottom metal protrude out the bottom. Just touch it up with some spray-on truck bed liner or flat black spray paint where it was machined.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    When I called and talked to CDI they mentioned i would have the same deal with the B&C medalist stock and their bottom metal. Will have to see what it looks like when I get mine back. Like MRFur said I think it looks better recessed rather than hanging off the bottom of the stock.

It does not look terrible. I was just not expecting it. After looking around I see that it is pretty normal.

Basic Member
    looks fine to me, if you don't want it or you are not happy with it send it to me!LOL i like it!

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

How does your rifle feed out of the cdi bottom metal ? What caliber ? I am looking into putting a cdi bottom metal in a stockade woodchuck with a Stevens 200 in 6.5-284 or 6.5 swede

I have not tried yet. I do not have a mag. I still need to order a few things for my build. I have a little while. My barrel will not be ready for about two months

Basic Member
    I just got done doing the same thing (mid 2000's LRPV, the one I previously converted to AR mags), and I was really really unhappy with the way they did the trigger guard and the pillar lengths (hardly any of the bedding block is left), if you put it in the correct spot to feed right from a 223 AICS mag, the SSS trigger actually hits the trigger guard, and I didn't think I'd even be able to get my finger in. Ended up cutting off the CDi trigger guard and adapting the original.

I would hesitate to recommend this bottom metal on anything but a low profile stock. I'm sure there are some it fits dandy on but the OEM Savage HS Precision stocks ain't one of them.