Thread: a17 safety issues?

chbarrett22

a17 safety issues?

Today I was shooting my a17 and noticed it bump firing! Sometimes it would shoot two rounds, and others it would empty the magazine with one pull. Also it would shoot one shot, then while letting off the trigger it would fire a round. Has anyone else had issues like this? I purchased the rifle brandnew, and have put a couple hundred rounds through it. Sometimes it shoots fine, and others it is very unreliable or unsafe. Any input on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

blueluke
    I have a thread just a few down of my a17 doing the same thing. (Its been mailed back now)

I also had issues with what i thought was the gun working the action and not cocking itself. But after doing more reserch i think it did cock itself and just didnt reset the trigger. The only time i had the multiple shot issues was right after this happened. Id pull the trigger, get nothing, work the action mannually and pull again and id get 2 shots. Im no gunsmith but the more i think about it and hear other stories im guessing it could be a faulty trigger issue. Dosnt reset its self sometimes to not fire and other times it stays reset to fire wide open or bump shoot.

I dont know, just a guess. But hope they get it fixed.

Contact Savage and ask them to send a UPS return label to ship it back.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Paul S.
    chbarrett22, We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Please feel free to contact our Technical Services Department at 413 568 7001 and we would be happy to send you a pre-paid shipping label to get the firearm back here for inspection. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chbarrett22 View Post
    Today I was shooting my a17 and noticed it bump firing! Sometimes it would shoot two rounds, and others it would empty the magazine with one pull. Also it would shoot one shot, then while letting off the trigger it would fire a round. Has anyone else had issues like this? I purchased the rifle brandnew, and have put a couple hundred rounds through it. Sometimes it shoots fine, and others it is very unreliable or unsafe. Any input on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, bad trigger
    - 1raggedhole76
    NRA Life Member