Thread: Where to find extended bushing for RC press?

Basic Member

Where to find extended bushing for RC press?

I need an extended bushing for my RC press. There was a guy selling them on castboolits made of hex bar stock. But he hasn't been there for an extended time.

Are these out there? Cost was fairly high so I would think someone would offer one.

Primarily want to get one for crimping my 500/375 cartridges more consistently especially for mono's. Them suckers are tough to crimp.
    [QUOTE=scope eye;271337]the most I have been able to fit is 90gr of H4895.[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Not ever having the need for such an animal what's it do? I assume it has something to due with the 7/8-14 press die bushing.
    Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    Yep just a little longer to enable rifle length brass to fit handgun dies. May be some odd sizing/swag die uses.

I want to be able to actually set the die high enough to make use of the press's abilty to cam for leverage and seat/crimp bullets more consistently.

Enabling use of cheap off the shelf dies.

Basic Member
    Like this or something similar to it?

Something of that nature wouldn't be too difficult make, any machine shop could make one. Cost???? How much more room do you need for the cam over? You can get an idea by backing off the die. One revolution will raise the die .071".
    Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    Rough guess 1" more or less. Die is adjusted all the way down and about 3/4th" is what I need. Can maybe raise the stock bushing but hesitate for fear of inadvertently damaging threads not torqued tight.

Is that a hornady conversion bushing?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixonetonoffun View Post
    Is that a hornady conversion bushing?
    No, it was something I saw on Corbin's site but I don't think it would get you the 1" you need.

I doubt you damage the RC bushing. The two I removed came out pretty easy using a 1/2" impact wrench and 1-1/2 impact socket.
    I'm guessing you'll need to take some measurements then have on made.

Bill