Thread: Floating Barrel Gun Support - BiPod install questions

Golfbuddy45

Floating Barrel Gun Support - BiPod install questions

Looking for ideas on how to properly support my MKII BSEV considering the floating stock in the front does not come with a mount screw. A sand bag or yoke obviously works fine but I can't use anything that straps OVER the barrel for fear that could warp the barrel down. I am hesitating drilling into the stock just for aesthetic reasons - it is so purty!

Anyone have any ideas or have done something like this before would appreciate all submissions.

Quickshot

Re: Floating Barrel Gun Support - BiPod install questions

GB45, I am considering one of these in a WMR. By necessity it will need sling swivels installed. It appears that there is enough wood ahead ofthe reciever to put in a swivel. I would in no way use any kind of attachment to or touching the barrel. Leave that baby floating free. A bipod could then be attached to the front swivel. I do not use a bipod but shoot off a rest or with shooting stick in the field. Good luck Quick

Golfbuddy45

I found something that might be just the ticket for a bench support or range shooting with these open throat stocks. The Porta-Aim tripod has a U style support and a velcro strap to go around the stock but not touch the barrel. I plan to order one from Cabela's and try it out. If it works OK I will put a thread on the Forum with pictures. Otherwise the stud mount will be the next option.

Basic Member

if you really want to keep it purty and clean, one of those recessed "T" rails would look nice, then you'ld need the adapter and bipod, but it would be a really slick installation

http://www.championshooters.com/stor...cat=289&page=1

a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses....