I am currently starting a budget F-class rifle based off of a Savage Target Action; I have just got the first piece of the puzzle... a Mcgowen Precision Barrel.
I ordered the barrel on 4-14-2010 and received the product on 6-16-2010. The lead time that was given was 6 weeks, it is a little late but that's to be expected when ordering a custom product.

First Impressions:

Got down to the Post Office to pick up the package and ?? the package is damaged... Looks like the tube they packed it in was a little short and the tip got smashed. I proceeded to inspect the barrel, and it does not looked to be damaged. (I'll have to put the project together to know for sure )

The barrel itself is a work of art. Very nicely polished, chamber is smooth, rifling is crisp and sharp, bore looks to be mirror lapped, and the 11 degree target crown looks very evenly cut and exit is sharp.

So far I like what I see, but the proof will be down range.. All I need now is the rest of the puzzle. Just waiting on the action and stock from Sharp Shooter Supply. (come on SSS don't let me down!)
Can't Wait...
;D