Thread: New vs old 10 fcp sr

guns for tv remotes

New vs old 10 fcp sr

Hi all,
    My apologies if this topic has been covered but I am new to this and pretty much any forum. I am about to purchase my very first savage rifle and had my eye on the 10 fcp-sr I saw on a canadian cabelas web page. Was about to order but I recentl found an older model 10 fcp-sr in a local shop (camo stock, ai mag, 24 inch barrel). It is kind of cool but the trouble is it is close to double the cost of the new 10 fcp. So I thought some people with some savage smarts could tell me if the old model is worth the price? Are the old ones any better?

A plus for the older Savage is the AI magazines. They're excellent quality magazines. Unless Savage has improved their factory magazines, AI wins hands down over factory mags.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    The receiver and barrel themselves are the same, as is the scope base that comes with it I'm sure. The stocks are the same other than being camo vs. black synthetic. You're really paying for the AI DBM vs. a Savage factory DBM, and as GaCop said, the AI wins hands down. Gives you more mag options too.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Basic Member
    the older one may come with the 20 MOA rail the new ones (I own one) has the 0 MOA rail

guns for tv remotes
    Thank you for the info guys

TXshpdg1
    Here is a site to get 10rd aftermarket mags for the newer model as well as an extended mag release. http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/magazines.php

Basic Member
    The link to the 21 pg thread addressing this very concern:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wcrG8cberUFApQ
    Some people want to make a difference in the world. I'm just here to howl at the moon.

Basic Member
    The AI mag may win hands down, but youll have to ask yourself if that is worth paying 100% more for a rifle. You could also convert the new fcp to accept AI mags by swapping the bottom metal and buying a mag for right around $300 I believe, which may still be more cost effective than buying the older model that is already set up for them. Decisions, decisions. Or you could just buy a chassis that accepts AI mags and not worry about it! :)
    Some people want to make a difference in the world. I'm just here to howl at the moon.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.